About our team
The Brand, Content & Creative team at Okta is a growing group within Marketing, composed of creatives, strategists, producers and marketing managers alike. Our team’s focus is to lead the brand, tell powerful stories and inspire creative excellence.
As a partner to cross-functional teams across all of Okta, we tie our goals to our most important company initiatives, driving towards shared KPIs, strategies and processes to unify and push the brand and business forward.
About this role
Okta is looking for a passionate Sr. Designer to join our growing internal agency to help our Creative Leads to bring our brand and marketing to life. Reporting into the Creative Lead, you will be challenged to deliver design solutions against key marketing briefs. You will help to tell the Okta story through a variety of channels and mediums, always advocating for the brand and taking pride in beautiful, inspiring and consistent work.
This role will be instrumental in collaborating with Creative Leads to craft innovative and smart solutions that meet the brief requirements while pushing the brand. The right person for this role will be passionate for visual design and highly motivated to bring thoughtful ideas to the table.
What you will do
- Work closely with the Creative Lead and teams on conceptual development, design and execution across key marketing briefs
- Clear understanding of project briefs and ability to craft thoughtful design solutions
- Articulate and present ideas in a clear and concise manner; accept constructive feedback and execute against it efficiently
- Ensure the consistency of the brand and highest quality of design across all projects
- Natural curiosity and passion to learn about and share insights on design and industry trends
- Think big while operating at the lowest level of detail
What experience you have
- BA or BFA in Art/Design or related field
- Extraordinary design skills
- World-class portfolio of work
- Strong communication presentation skills; proven ability to present to executives/leaders
- Highly organized and able to work collaboratively across multiple projects
- 2+ years experience in art direction and design in a creative agency or client-side group; B2B / tech experience is a plus
- Expert knowledge of creative process and all digital creative software tools
- Solid knowledge of all aspects of creative across channels and mediums, especially print and digital
Why you are excited about this role
- You are highly motivated and a self-starter
- You are efficient and organized in your work
- You love working collaboratively
Why we are excited about you
- You are an inspiring, positive, force of nature
- You are always bringing new ideas to the table
- You are passionate for design and keen to grow and take on new challenges to further professional development
((Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $154,000 0/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.