Okta is seeking a skilled, driven executive communications leader to be a strategic partner to our Chief Revenue Officer. This is a high-profile role, and you will build and own an impactful, integrated, inspiring internal and external communications program that drives understanding and action throughout the field organization. You will report to Okta’s Director of Communications, and work with our quickly-growing executive communications team and key stakeholders across the company.
You must be a creative problem solver who is excited to dig into complex concepts on diverse subject matter, integrate data from multiple sources, and drive knowledge and engagement across the field. You’ll work with team leaders on messaging strategy and execution for essential field-facing programs such as town hall meetings, team roundtables, and top talent initiatives.
The Okta communications team’s vision is that everyone knows, loves and believes in the Okta story. In this role, you’ll act as strategic counsel to and the spokesperson for our Chief Revenue Officer and will ensure his team and their stakeholders around the world know, love and believe in that story.
The ideal candidate has:
- 7-10 years of relevant communications experience.
- Experience writing for and working directly with C-level executives; ability to engage, influence, and coach senior executives with a strong presence and presentation skills.
- An understanding of Okta’s business and experience working with cloud companies.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- The ability to engage with customers and partners with a defined point of view.
- An innate drive to partner and collaborate across the organization.
- A strong, clear writing style and voice, with excellent writing and editing skills.
- A detail-oriented, analytical approach, with the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables.
- BS/BA degree.
- Spearhead the strategy, development and execution of communications for Okta’s Chief Revenue Officer.
- Provide strategic input on messaging and positioning to ensure narratives are engaging and aligned with our desired tone and values.
- Become an Okta messaging expert with the ability to simply express complex narratives.
- Create and manage essential field-facing programs, such as organization all hands, town hall meetings, team roundtables, organizational change communications, and top talent initiatives.
- Develop a content strategy for the sales team, defining key messages, and crafting executive platforms.
- Support our Chief Revenue Officer’s email communications, and develop compelling content that resonates with key audiences. Write memorable, engaging communications across other internal channels to wdrive awareness of key initiatives.
- Create and manage internal and external speaking opportunities.
- Interface with important external stakeholders, including top customers and partners.
- Partner closely with key partners across the organization, including enablement and product marketing leadership.
- Collaborate with the global content and communications team and our agency partners around the world to build and expand on Okta’s executive communications program.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.