Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports To: Sr. Manager, Global Sales Enablement
Okta is looking for an accomplished Senior Sales Trainer/Coach with a passion for coaching and training, to partner with Sales Leadership and the Sales Enablement Team to design & deliver sales proficiency and productivity programs that support overall Commercial Sales initiatives, scale with the growth of the Sales organization, and meet the requirements of sales teams for new and existing reps. We're looking for someone who can develop Sales Reps through role-play and real-time observation, focused feedback, skill gap analysis, and coaching that improve sales competence, sales confidence and executive level selling.
- Deliver ongoing in person training and coaching for sales leveraging multiple modalities to train/guide/coach (1:1, team focused, role-playing, scenarios, certifications).
- Train new hires by preparing them to meet and exceed sales proficiency, requirements beyond the initial on-boarding window through focus on sales process, sales messaging, and sales tools and other specialized content.
- Collaborate with Area Directors to determine key skills and gaps to focus on for existing Sales Reps and new hires as they transition out of on-boarding.
- Collaborate to react quickly to any decrease in metrics, putting a plan into place with stakeholders to make immediate improvements.
- Actively and continuously learn and stay informed about the latest messaging, product capabilities, roles, and new systems and processes.
- Establish key performance indicators to track sales training program efficacy; work with Sales Leadership and Sales Operations to further develop and maintain KPIs, dashboards, and reporting to drive curriculum improvements.
- Test, assess, and measure effectiveness using NPS, surveys, and other mechanisms; and constantly improve based on feedback
- Establish, build, and mentor an internal coaching network to assist in classroom events.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about training and developing sales representatives. This is an amazing opportunity to have a significant impact on Okta’ sales organization and overall company growth. We are looking for someone with:
- 2+ years delivering sales results in a quota carrying role
- 2+ years sales training or sales enablement experience
- "Front of Room" experience, with engaging presentation skills. We are looking for energizing trainers and facilitators, who can make materials come alive!
- Proven ability to simplify complex information into an easy-to-understand format.
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively with a demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible and adaptable through growth and change.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills - know how to form successful relationships, collaborate and work across functional teams at various levels, internally and externally, in-person and virtually.
- Ability to travel up to 50% per year. Our Account Executives are home based and located in major cities throughout the US.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.