The Strategic Events Marketing Director, EMEA will have overall responsibility for developing and implementing the EMEA event marketing strategy, helping bring Okta events to life through engaging physical and digital experiences and ensuring the attendance and pipeline targets are delivered. The successful candidate will have a proven record in creating and executing EMEA events.
In this role, you will manage in-person and virtual events, budgets, timelines, and oversee a variety of vendor and venue partners to ensure all stakeholders are working together to deliver a high-quality experience. You will manage and drive multiple work streams including content programming, event presenters and talent, event logistics, and creative and tech teams.
The right candidate also has strong written, communication and project management skills, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. The successful candidate will be looking to join a dynamic team in a high-impact, high-growth, fast-paced role, which reports directly to the EMEA Senior Director Field Marketing.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Create, develop, & deliver an EMEA event marketing strategy with full responsibility for achieving delegate registration, attendance & pipeline targets.
- Collaborative approach and experience working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Effectively integrate multiple channels for all marketing campaigns including social media, email, telemarketing and partners
- Ensure the events marketing team and event delegate sales team are optimally set-up to enable growth, and strategically manage resource allocation based on event schedules and targets
- Ensure a structured campaign analytics framework, across all channels, is updated and monitored to determine the ROI of all activity
- Ensure marketing best practice is implemented for all channels
- Deliver multi-channel marketing campaigns that are data-driven, with a focus on increasing audience acquisition
- Review and define a strategy for managing and growing our marketing database
- Regular reporting for all performance marketing channels
- Building and maintaining excellent working relationships with stakeholders
- Manage event projects, budgets, and timelines
- Excellent organisational skills & attention to detail
- Ability to assess and prioritise campaigns based on business requirements
- Communicate effectively with key European and Global stakeholders
Technology Skills Required
- Sales force automation systems (Good working knowledge of campaign management in SalesForce)
- Marketing automation platforms (Theoretical understanding of Marketo needed)
- Analytics tools (Good working knowledge of Google Sheets / Excel required)
- Social media platforms and monitoring tools
- Sales tools (e.g. Theoretical knowledge of account planning, playbooks, ROI/TCO tools)
- Content management tools
- Customer reference platforms
- Partner relationship management
- Business intelligence (Working knowledge of Tableau)
- Sales Leadership
- EMEA Product marketing
- EMEA PR
- EMEA Demand Centre
- EMEA Marketing operations
- Global Events team
Background & Experience Required
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in event or field marketing
- Successfully managed and mentored direct reports
- Proven track record of working with sales leaders to build and deliver results
- Proficient with salesforce in gathering analytics and understanding data and insights
- People management, including the ability to build a new team and work with diverse skill sets
- Ability to navigate culture and politics across multiple functions
- Ability to translate business objectives into a clear marketing action plan
- Ability to translate business objectives into marketing goals and measurements
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- A willingness to travel (as needed)
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Excellent articulate communicator with strong communication skills & ability to adapt to audience needs
- Someone who takes ownership for the Events pipeline number and funnel conversions
- Someone who is collaborative and is willing to nurture and mentor a team
- Someone who can work in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable working under tight deadline pressure
- A problem solver who can meet goals in creative ways with limited resources
- Someone who can identify and use resources outside direct reporting structure
- Someone used to and comfortable working with senior leaders
- Comfortable with travel in region
- Able to work in a fast-paced, highly matrix organisation
- Comfortable in an environment where change is a constant
- Clear, thoughtful communicator (verbal and written)
- Creative thinker and program builder
- Meeting Pipeline Targets Including response & attendance rates, inquiries, qualified leads, SMS, ST1, ST2
- Stakeholder satisfaction
- Budget management and utilisation rate
- Meeting agreed MBOs, including specific Event goals
- Specific global/strategic account pipeline creation
- Database growth/accuracy of contact and account data
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.