Okta is seeking a driven executive communications manager to support Okta’s Product, Engineering, and Technology executives. You will shape internal and external conversations about Okta, identity, security, and technology innovation, providing strategic communications counsel and tactical comms advice.
In this high-profile and hands on role, you will shape the executive communications strategy, while also executing it. You will report to Okta's Director of Employee and Executive Communications, and work with our quickly-growing Global Communications team and key stakeholders across the company to share Okta’s vision and story with the world.
- Develop a strategic communications program tied to business priorities on Okta’s technology and product agenda.
- Interpret complex technology innovations and translate into bold, compelling and distinctive content appropriate to the audience and channel.
- Create unique and high-quality communications experiences for Okta’s Product, Engineering, and Technology executives with Okta’s employees, customers, ecosystem partners and priority external audiences.
- Supports development of leadership emails, keynote addresses, video scripts, articles, op-eds, and correspondence.
- Increase executive visibility externally by securing PR coverage and identifying speaking opportunities.
- Become an Okta messaging expert with the ability to simply express complex narratives.
- Provide strategic input on messaging and positioning to ensure narratives are engaging and aligned with desired tone and values.
- Measure communications through various tools, analytics, and survey results.
- Collaborate seamlessly with Okta’s Marketing and Global Communications colleagues around the world to orchestrate program extensions and connections for the Product, Engineering, and Technology executives with other senior leaders across Okta.
- 5-7 years of relevant communications experience; ideally owning a C-level thought leadership profile.
- Experience writing for and working directly with C-level executives and SVPs; ability to engage with and influence senior executives and leadership teams.
- A detail-oriented approach, with the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects and communicating priority updates to stakeholders.
- Strong critical thinking and team-first mentality.
- An understanding of Okta’s business and experience working with cloud companies.
- An analytical approach, with the ability to quickly identify trending topics and issues with a defined point of view.
- A strong, clear writing style and voice, with excellent writing and editing skills.
- BS/BA degree
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.