Okta is seeking a world-class sales enablement professional to lead our global enablement program and team. As VP of Enablement, you will be responsible for building and implementing training strategies to drive productivity across the worldwide field organization, including sales, technical and partner enablement. You will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, and will own the development and delivery of all enablement programs, ensuring Okta has operational excellence and is an industry leader in enablement.
You will deeply embed yourself in the Okta Identity Cloud, our products, prospects and customers, and sales motions. This includes closely integrating with sales leadership and Product Marketing in order to translate complex product, solutions and use case messaging into actionable content and training programs.
We also expect you to understand Okta’s company strategy and add to our culture, and bring a strong point of view about what world-class enablement looks like in order to usher this function and our programs into the future.
- Partner with global senior management, sales, customer success, partner and marketing leadership to align training and enablement priorities to the company vision, methods and targets
- Oversee onboarding, product training, skills development and career guidance for sales, technical and partner teams, ensuring they ultimately exceed their targets and drive growth
- Liaise with the executive team and cross-functional working group to facilitate a corporate-wide learning culture
- Identify our field’s most significant gaps, and understand ongoing sales development requirements to shape and implement new enablement programs
- Oversee our content management strategy and suite of tools, designed to enable the worldwide field team with powerful content to drive efficient, effective and engaging conversations with prospects and customers at every stage of the sales cycle
- Lead, coach and inspire a diverse team eager to grow their careers at Okta
- Effectively manage teams responsible for disseminating and communicating information to the field organization at a regular cadence; planning and executing large-scale events such as Sales Kick-off; developing technical experts through ongoing enablement offerings; and making our partners successful
Required experience and skills:
- B.A. or B.S. degree, advanced degree preferred
- 15-20 years of relevant experience in enterprise sales enablement, management or operations
- Strategic, with strong GTM instincts and the experience to drive program management, execution and results
- Collaborative, with a demonstrated ability to influence and foster close relationships with cross-functional departments
- Ability to recruit, manage, coach and motivate strong enablement teams
- Excellent problem solving, project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Expert knowledge of enterprise sales tools, including Salesforce.com
- Balances being quantitative and creative, decisive and empowering, strategic with an exceptional attention to detail
- Embodies Okta’s values to love our customers, be transparent, act with integrity, never stop innovating and empower our people
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.