Okta is seeking a results-oriented and strategic European head of marketing to form part of the senior leadership team of the EMEA organisation, reporting directly into our global Chief Marketing Officer.
Working alongside Okta’s GM for Europe to define and drive the strategy for Europe, this role is a great opportunity for a highly operational, charismatic and visionary individual in a hyper-growth enterprise software company.
The candidate will excel at driving repeatable pipeline, building world-class teams and partnering closely with sales to solve new Go-To-Market challenges, as well as being an external spokesperson, evangelist and thought leader in the European theatre.
As head of marketing they will directly lead the teams of both marketing and sales development professionals and be responsible for the plan to fuel our EMEA expansion across multiple segments and key geographies.
This person is a seasoned growth marketer who thrives in a dynamic environment and moves quickly to build structure and process. They will be comfortable collaborating across senior functional owners throughout the company and specifically at our corporate offices in San Francisco, partnering as a member of the executive team in Europe, and leading a team of 30+ members across each European region.
This role is a critical leadership role for the Okta Marketing and Worldwide Field Operations team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and own the EMEA demand generation marketing strategy targeting regional geographic growth as well as the world’s largest organisations
- Lead a develop high-performing teams to execute impactful demand generation & brand awareness marketing programs that drive results
- For an active member of the EMEA leadership team alongside the General Manager & EMEA Chief Customer Office, as well as aligning closely with key Global stakeholders across Sales, Alliances, Operations and Marketing
- Integrate Sales Development and Marketing teams to maximise total pipeline and monetise the marketing investment Collaborate with the Global Demand Generation, Corporate Marketing and Product Marketing teams to build programs that reflect local and vertical requirements
- Present at corporate and external events, evangelise Okta throughout Europe and become a significant contributor and spokesperson for the company’s PR and AR efforts.
- Partner with sales and product marketing to convert insights, messaging and assets campaigns and content that speak directly to the EMEA audience
- Manage strategic approaches to market at the account level with a keen understanding of leveraging account plans and ABM analytics for marketing success
- Collaborate with Partner teams to define the unique needs of all EMEA geographies and amplify programs to and through SIs, Resellers and Technology Partners
- Discover and develop integrated marketing approaches, programs and channels that deliver disruptive growth, even if they’re not yet in the playbook
- Analyse campaign results and optimise programs to increase lead volume and quality and the effectiveness of marketing spend
- Own reporting back to the organisation and share results and market insights to internal partners
- Demonstrated experience and success leading and scaling EMEA marketing function for B2B SaaS business.
- Strong leadership qualities, and demonstrated success of leading a high performing team
- Deep understanding of demand generation, inbound and target account marketing strategies
- Track record of campaign ownership and consistent success with a high return on investment
- Experience leading a Sales Development organisation
- Identity and / or security experience a plus
- Adept at collaborating with sales, product marketing and cross functional marketing teams
- Highly self-motivated and organised
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Quantitative skills to make data-driven decisions and reporting
- College degree or equal experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work