Auth0 builds the best Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) solution on the planet. Hands down. Created for developers so they can focus on their innovative application ideas, for their own domains. Optimized for end users to minimize friction. And designed with security to keep applications, users, and organizations safe. Auth0 customers come in all sizes and shapes with many counting among the most recognized brands around the world. By using Auth0, customers increase security and reduce friction so they can grow revenues faster and become more efficient. If you have strong desires to see the results of your work used by name brand customers and millions of users around the world, then Auth0 is the place where your dreams can be turned into reality.
The Product Experience Team at Auth0 is on a mission to delight developers with an intuitive and adaptable developer administration experience. The team builds and evolves the key front-end frameworks that allow Auth0 developers to quickly bring their best products to our customers. Auth0’s design system is pivotal to the team’s success as it brings simplicity and beauty to complex identity challenges, and allows us to deliver on our brand promise in a scalable, developer-friendly manner.
In this high-impact role you will spearhead the vision and strategy for Auth0’s design system. You will work closely with the product and engineering teams to change the way we build developer experience across all Auth0 products. This role requires you to keep a pulse on all ongoing initiatives, anticipate the upcoming requirements, and create a strategy for how to best support them. You will act as a consultant early in our Product Development Lifecyle (PDLC) to identify opportunities, and guide the design based on our established patterns and standards. We’re looking for an experienced designer who can take our design system to the next level.
- Establish a high standard of excellence for all front-end Auth0 experiences
- Lead the long term vision and strategy for Auth0s design system
- Work closely with multiple Product teams to identify UI components and interaction patterns to systemize and standardize
- Evangelize the design system and routinely share updates with the entire product delivery team
- Partner with the Product Experience team Product Manager and Engineering Manager to maintain a healthy backlog of components to design and develop
- Work alongside other Product Designers and Developers on the creation of components, patterns, UI libraries, and documentation
- Provide regular feedback to designers, engineers, and product managers on early concepts and designs
- Faciliatate design reviews to uphold our standards and best practices
- Bring accessibility to the forefront by embedding it into our design system and advocating for inclusive design early in our Product Development Lifecycle
- Support designers in the creation of visual assets to support their initiatives
- Determine user research needs and conduct usability testing to validate component designs, synthesize research to inform design decisions
- Collect and leverage best practices in building design systems for web and mobile applications
- Introduce new processes for designers and developers to fully utilize and contribute to the design system
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have led the development of, or worked on a robust and comprehensive design system, and know when to break out and create new extensible patterns
- Understand the intricacies of building software for developers, and know how to translate that into a strong customer experience
- Have built holistic dashboard experiences: from defining consistent UX patterns to improving the overall user experience and look and feel
- Have a collaborative spirit, and can provide clarity and guidance when the right solution may be ambiguous
- Are comfortable evaluating alternatives and making design decisions that will impact all authO product experiences.
- Have an advanced understanding of UI/UX/Visual design concepts and an exceptional eye for detail with a portfolio that showcases this understanding
- Are comfortable presenting and finding impactful ways to share updates
- Are comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Bonus: Have a background in Engineering/Front-end development
- Are currently located in Canada
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.