The team you will be joining is part of Identity & Access Management (IAM) domain which delivers a simple, extensible identity platform that is easy for our customers to integrate into their applications and effortless to operate. The mission of the team is to delight customers with an exceptional operations and administration experience, and delight developers with concise, understandable, standards-compliant APIs for ease of integration.
What's the opportunity?
This role will support IAM-Core which supports Sessions, Crypto, Protocols and Pipeline teams. The IAM Core Crypto team cares deeply about empowering teams to secure sensitive data by using cryptographic best practices, making it simple so that they can invest their time elsewhere. The Sessions team helps to protect user identities and resources by delivering tools to control end-user sessions. These teams are vital to our customers identity security needs and this role will help deliver world-class experiences to our customers while working with a team who is dedicated to building the most secure experiences for our customers.
You will join a distributed and diverse Design team. You will be part of a team that includes Product, Design, and Engineering counterparts and will have a direct impact throughout the product development lifecycle. We are looking for a Product Designer to support Identity Security. These teams will actively help our customers adapt complex APIs and data providing total control to their security and access needs. We are looking for a designer that is a team player and works closely with engineers and product managers to solve complex problems.
- Develop multi-quarter strategic design solutions alongside leadership across product, design, and engineering.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Managers and Engineers, prioritizing features and improvements, facilitating design discussions, and providing feedback.
- Own your team’s product design process from beginning to end.
- Define data and analytics to measure design solutions.
- Participate in research and communicate insights to help the team understand customer problems.
- Transform challenging workflows into simple, usable and elegant experiences for developers.
- Share work early and often and seek out constructive feedback from peers, product teams, and other stakeholders.
- Iterate on solutions based on direct and indirect stakeholder feedback.
- Partner with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Work together with designers on other product teams to keep work consistent, improve quality, and contribute to our team processes and principles.
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have experience building developer products with a focus on systems and API design.
- Have experience with data visualization products.
- Have strong UI skills and a portfolio to back this.
- Can distill complex problems into precise, simple, and delightful solutions.
- Have an advanced understanding of UI/UX concepts and an exceptional eye for detail with a portfolio that showcases this understanding.
- Communicate early ideas through flows and low fi sketches to facilitate discussions and get early feedback.
- Know how to make use of qualitative and quantitative data to back up your design decisions as well as suggest new research.
- Have a great ability to design polished, high-fidelity mockups and prototypes of your solutions using tools such as Figma
- Can work within an existing design system and know when to break out and create new, extensible patterns.
- Know how to break big problems into smaller experiments to validate assumptions faster.
- Have great written and verbal communication skills to help people across the company to understand the rationale behind your proposals.
- Are comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Bonus: Familiar with standard organizations (OpenID Connect, OAuth 2, etc)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.