Auth0 is seeking a Senior Technical Writer to join our Documentation team. At Auth0, our product documentation is a competitive differentiator, and great docs are key to our success. Our team is focused on creating public-facing docs for Auth0's customers at https://auth0.com/docs. Our primary audiences include software developers of all levels of experience with Identity concepts, and Security Professionals. As a senior technical writer, you’ll not only be responsible for writing great documentation and editing work others have written, you’ll also be responsible for building a strong culture of documentation at Auth0, encouraging more writing contributions from outside of the Documentation team.
If you're the right candidate, you'll have a strong technical writing background as well as experience with agile, full-stack software development. Whether you’ve written developer-focused software documentation previously in your career, you’re an experienced writer self-taught in software development, or you’re a full-time software developer with a passion for great documentation looking to make a career change, you’ll be a strong candidate for this role. We're also looking for an established track record of building programs with leadership to incentivize participation in writing documentation across all roles and organizations within a company.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Software Engineers, Developer Support Engineers and more to scope and define documentation projects
- Mentor peers within the Documentation team on documentation best practices
- Build company-wide participation in the creation of amazing documentation through training programs, outreach, etc
- Write concise, easy-to-understand documentation that simplifies complex technical concepts into content consumable by all skill levels and roles
- Review and edit documentation drafts contributed by peers or others outside the Documentation team
- Contribute to or lead strategic quarterly documentation initiatives to enhance our process, our website, and our content
Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years technical writing experience
- Proven ability to build a culture of documentation within a company
- Proven understanding of modern software development concepts; the closer your experience level is to being a software developer, the better
- Ability to organize information into an easy-to-understand hierarchy
- Self-driven, with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, as well as understand why they’re important to our users
- Can collaborate cross-functionally with people in all ranks, teams, and disciplines across the company
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $117,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.