Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 10,000 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America, and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Developer Support works on Customer Support cases and Community/Developer Forum posts that relate to Developer topics, such as OIDC/OAuth and the use of Okta’s SDKs. We are part of the Developer Relations team within Product and our goal is to help developers that are integrating with Okta, often for the first time.
Location: Remote or In-Person
You are an articulate and curious student who understands or is willing to understand the challenges developers face integrating multiple services into custom apps. You have technical depth, a developer skillset, and a real passion for helping Okta’s customers and partners use our secure, scalable, Identity Platform.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reproduce issues, and write code/script to build user scenarios using Okta API and SDKs.
- Craft process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- Help out with the automation projects to make the Developer processes more efficient
- Help produce reports that demonstrate the Development Support team's effectiveness to other departments and senior leadership
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Currently enrolled in BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline
- Familiarity with REST APIs.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong Communication
- Knowledge of Identity Access Management solutions is a plus
- Knowledge of LDAP, SSO, SAML, or WSFederation.
- Knowledge of cloud applications such as Office 365, GoogleApps, Salesforce, Workday, NetSuite, Box, etc.
- Familiarity with how Support organizations work
Okta’s Intern Program
As an intern, you’ll do real work that matters. While on board, you’ll work on meaningful projects and have an opportunity to see what working at Okta is all about. You’ll also have the support of your mentor and manager to help you develop new skills.
Our interns have the opportunity to build a strong community - with their fellow interns, within their teams, and with the broader company. We want you to grow professionally and you’ll do that through participating in events like our Executive Speaker Series and Brown Bags. And of course, we want you to have fun too.
Interns may choose the format of their internship: either in-person at one of our Okta offices, or virtually. We give our interns the opportunity to select the option that best suits their needs.
We offer 12-week internships in the U.S. in the Summer.
Okta is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.