Okta is seeking a world-class competitive intelligence executive to identify and drive competitive growth strategies across the Okta product portfolio. Reporting to the Product VP of Business Planning, the Director of Competitive Strategy and Intelligence will lead the team focused on driving competitive differentiation to grow and scale the business.
What you will do:
- Lead and execute deep technical research on tier 1 and 2 competitors with a special focus on identity and access management and digital transformation through different channels including competitive labs, customer direct conversations, and deliver actionable and current competitive updates to the sales and technical sales organizations
- Collaborate with GTM team in gathering and disseminating technical competitive information during different stages of the sales process
- Provide insights to product management, marketing and monetization teams on relevant technology advancements made by competitors
- Ability to understand the perspective of different buyer persona including developers
- Understand technology trends relevant to our market space to identify opportunities to differentiate and threats with respect to competitive positioning
- Support research on business focussed competitive developments through different channels including market research, industry analyst, win-loss analysis, and general surveys
Experience and Skill
- 8+ years of technology experience in Enterprise Software within the Identity and/or Security industries with focus on identity and access management solutions
- 5+ years of experience in product management, competitive strategy and intelligence, product marketing, or sales engineering roles. Ideally have an understanding of modern app development technologies and architecture and experience in building / architecting apps
- Technical background is a must with Engineering, Computer Science degree or similar experience
- Outstanding ability to lead cross-functional teams under tight deadlines
- Experience engaging directly with enterprise customers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $178,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.