Okta is looking for a strong product management leader to drive Okta’s strategy and execution in delivering products specifically targeting the Federal Government and other public sector organizations with similar requirements. In partnership with other Federal-focused engineering, marketing, sales, compliance, security, and alliances teams, this person will be responsible for quarterbacking and executing product strategies to delight our customers and drive the growth of our Federal business.
This product leadership role is an opportunity to make a key contribution, working across business units to develop unique customer and user experiences that drive business impact. The ideal candidate must be a results-oriented product leader that gets things done- a roll up your sleeves type of person. The role will require proven ability to effectively work and collaborate with cross-functional internal teams as well as external partners and vendors. It’s critical this person understands the Federal landscape.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will own the vision, strategy, and roadmap for our Federal product and will work with the Federal Portfolio Manager, as a team, to define and manage the service offering.
- Understand and prioritize the needs of Federal customers. Partner closely with Engineering, Security, Design and Marketing to test problem hypotheses and validate with customers solutions needed to meet the needs of Federal customers subject to compliance controls (ex FedRAMP High, IL-4).
- Think strategically about problems and create solutions that deliver immediate customer value while aligning to your long-term vision
- Define and deliver the key elements of the customer experience in conjunction with engineering (e.g, onboarding, migration tooling).
- Write high quality product requirements, partner with engineering on executing on major Federal projects.
- Define measurable outcomes for your teams and regularly track and report on progress.
- Collaborate with product marketing and technical marketing to support creation of messaging and content and enable the Okta sales team, and deliver positioning, pricing, and packaging.
- Work closely with our Tech Partnership and Strategy to identify industry trends and define Okta’s approach to capitalize on those opportunities
- Participate in core team meetings to discuss status, risks, and mitigation strategies.
- Clearly communicate Federal product strategy, activities, goals and outcomes to all stakeholders, as well as other internal cross-functional teams.
- You are willing to get hands-on with Engineering teams to design solutions that require your design input on technical challenges
- You maintain a track record of creating roadmaps consisting deliverables spanning multiple parts of an organization
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 10+ years of building products for Federal Government IT customers. Ideally a cloud service that is targeting or has achieved FedRAMP compliance.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure access (e.g., VPC, multiple and alternate peering architectures).
- Experience with security and compliance certification audits (eg FedRAMP).
- Expertise in securing cloud infrastructure (eg security monitoring, PAM, key-based authentication, role-based authorization, audit logging and patching).
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan strategically while also executing tactically
- A proven track record of building complex products with varied stakeholders and representing various cross teams within the organization.
- Thrives in rapid growth, fast paced environment and adapts well to change
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.