From ordering delivery to joining a Zoom, Okta securely connects people and technology. With the shift to remote work, the explosion of new cloud apps and infrastructure, and an ever-changing threat landscape, companies rely on Okta more than ever to keep their users and systems safe and productive.
As the Director of Product Marketing for PAM, you will have the unique opportunity to lead a major new product area from early stage to scale. In this leadership role, you’ll not only get to drive success of an existing early stage product (Advanced Server Access) but also launch new product capabilities to build our PAM portfolio and help Okta sell to new roles within target customers while establishing new marketing channels.
As the premier subject matter expert on industry themes, competitive forces, and customer needs, you’ll drive go-to-market strategy, positioning, differentiation, and execution, in close collaboration with product, marketing, and field teams.
Our ideal candidate has technical depth in areas of cloud infrastructure security and operations, with a highly strategic mindset alongside a relentless drive for execution. You will be a hands-on contributor while building out a fresh team as the product portfolio expands.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design differentiated and defensible positioning frameworks for new products
- Research and recommend product strategy for expanding into adjacent markets
- Build highly focused persona profiles and conversation guides for new use cases
- Influence demand generation strategy, including campaign themes and target accounts
- Work with product and marketing teams to launch, price, and package new products and features
- Create comprehensive enablement guides for members of the field and partners to learn how to market and sell new products
- Support the end-to-end customer lifecycle with tailored information and assets
- Engage with customers and provide deal support (e.g., executive briefings, customer and prospect presentations)
- Provide event support - own content and present during key Okta and industry events, both global and regional
- Be a visible thought leader externally and internally through speaking, blogs, and other channels
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years experience in product marketing
- Strong domain knowledge in one of these areas: identity and access management, privilege access management, cloud infrastructure, infrastructure security.
- Strong written and verbal communication and excellent presentation skills
- Experience partnering with leaders and cross-functional teams to drive complex, cross-functional projects
- Strong, team-oriented leadership and collaboration skills
- Ability to independently identify, frame and confront issues and guide through tough decisions
- Comfort with ambiguity and motivated to solve complex problems
- Understanding of software deal dynamics and ability to think strategically about driving software opportunities forward
- Experience marketing to engineering functions, including developer operations and developer security operations roles
- Okta’s core leadership competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide our company actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones and Okta values: (1) Love our customers (2) Empower our people (3) Never stop innovating (4) Act with integrity (5) Maintain transparency. We expect our managers and leaders to embody the following core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Builds strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Develop people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.