To support Okta’s growth trajectory, the Business Planning team is looking for a Director of Product Strategy to identify new avenues for market expansion while improving upon our existing business. This leader will work on high visibility projects in conjunction with product and business leaders across the organization, reporting directly to the VP of Business Planning. This leader will be instrumental in defining Okta’s long-term strategy and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify product growth strategies Okta’s identity and access management products, driving initiatives from strategy to execution with measurable KPIs against key goals; report on key initiatives at the company level.
- Be the expert on target personas and segments, how users adopt, and customers buy our identity and access management products, and the value they derive from them.
- Clearly articulate Okta’s position and differentiation vs. the market and build yourself
- Analyze competitive offerings, synthesize findings, and identify sources of differentiation for Okta’s IAM offerings
- Lead IAM related strategy for community, events, and analyst relations
- Define and track business performance and product usage metrics to assess the success of key business initiatives
- Conduct voice of the customer research with Okta customers and prospects to test new product concepts, isolate product requirements, understand perceived value, and identify implications for Okta’s product positioning and go-to-market strategy
- Develop business cases for Okta to invest in new markets or drive new initiatives including sizing addressable market and model revenue opportunity, articulating market entry requirements, business risks, and steps to mitigate
Preferred Candidate Profile
The successful candidate will have prior experience in developing driving product strategy & management for technology companies, whether through work in strategy consulting, corporate strategy, product strategy, and/or product marketing role at a technology company. It is critical that this person possess a high comfort with ambiguity, strong problem structuring skills, analytical acumen, and solid communication skills. The applicant should have a strong storytelling skillset around a product / technology where they can understand core customer requirements, align the product capability to solving those problems and paint a vision on how the product / technology can help the customer achieve their outcomes. The ideal applicant will also have experience working within the product development teams, possess the ability to establish credibility with product and engineering leaders, and hold an understanding of operational and go-to-market implications of their strategy recommendations. Experience working with cloud services, enterprise IT products, identity management, and device management are major advantages.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8+ years of strategy experience for an enterprise IaaS or SaaS company or developer platform.
- Solid experience leading outbound product initiatives; passionate about enterprise customers with complex requirements.
- Creative energy, building new playbooks, and bringing out of the box thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including extensive public speaking experience.
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role with a highly distributed team
- Familiarity with Identity and Access Management, security, application development is preferred
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $178,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.