Okta is growing rapidly. In order to maintain our steep growth trajectory, it's critical that we constantly search for new avenues for market expansion while improving upon our existing business. Okta’s PMM and Strategy team works on high visibility projects in conjunction with product and business leaders across the organization. In this role, you will help Okta identify and execute on high growth opportunities, while defining and investigating metrics to manage the health of the business. You will be instrumental in defining Okta’s long term strategy and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop business cases for Okta to invest in new markets or drive new initiatives
- Analyze competitive offerings, synthesize findings, and identify sources of differentiation for Okta
- Size addressable market and model revenue opportunity
- Define business model by both identifying areas for value creation and value capture
- Conduct voice of the customer research with Okta customers and prospects to test new product concepts, isolate product requirements, understand willingness to pay, and identify implications for Okta’s product positioning and go-to-market strategy
- Articulate market entry requirements, business risks, and steps to mitigate
- Define and track business performance and product usage metrics to assess the success of key business initiatives
- On an ongoing basis, analyze and report on Okta’s operational and product performance; develop dashboards to measure key metrics and product health
- Support product team and other company stakeholders in managing rhythm of the business
Preferred Candidate Profile
The successful candidate will have prior experience developing data-driven growth strategies for technology companies, whether through work in strategy consulting, corporate strategy, product strategy or a business operations role at a technology company. It is critical that this person possess a high comfort with ambiguity, strong problem structuring skills, analytical acumen, and solid communication skills in presenting business insights to executives. The ideal applicant will also have experience working within the product development teams, possess the ability to establish credibility with product and engineering leaders, and hold an understanding of operational and go-to-market implications of their strategy recommendations. Experience working with cloud services, enterprise IT products, identity management, and device management are major advantages. Further, success in this role will require a strong ability to understand core customer requirements (not just what people ask for), define our overall short- and long-term strategy, and collaborate across the broader Okta organization to ensure the development of a compelling strategy.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- Experience in technical or quantitative field preferred
- 8-10+ years of consulting and/or industry experience with a background in strategy consulting, business operations or corporate strategy
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence
- Track record of successful delivery of company-critical projects and proven business impact
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset; comfort with ambiguity and drive to take on new challenges and responsibilities
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude for structuring complex problems and presenting well-supported solutions
- Experience with SaaS and enterprise software products or services
- Knowledge of identity, security, device/mobility management, and/or developer-facing products is a plus
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.