Nailing CIAM is critical for organizations as customer interactions move to digital channels. Unfortunately, threats to consumers’ security and privacy have also never been higher. We need experienced technical marketers who can drive our understanding of the shifting landscape and how Okta can protect the consumer while improving the customer experience (help us kill passwords!).
As the Group Manager for the Technical Marketing Management (TMM) org, you will lead our fierce team towards our goal of informing, inspiring, and delighting technical audiences – developers, PMs, enterprise architects, sec engineers, and builders – as they discover, buy, and use Okta CIAM on their platforms, apps, and APIs. We are looking for a player-coach that can empower our TMMs and stakeholders towards the same goal and act as a technical lead, creating content, providing SME advice, and leading by example.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a player-coach: Empower our TMM team and stakeholders towards the same goal and act as a technical lead, creating content, providing SME advice, and leading by example.
- Lead the TMM team goals, execution, and results, ideally applying Agile/Scrum. Continuously identify and take advantage of opportunities for team learning, continuous improvement, innovation, and collaboration.
- Engage with customers and provide deal support (e.g., executive briefings, customer and prospect presentations)
- Provide event support - own content and present during key Okta and industry events, both global and regional
- Be a visible thought leader externally and internally through speaking, blogs, and other channels
- Be a technical subject matter expert for Okta Customer Identity. This includes understanding how our authentication, authorization and user management products are built and exposed via our pre-built UIs, SDKs and APIs.
- Be a technical subject matter expert for an area in application development – that could be Mobile, Front End, Back end, or APIs – or non-functional requirements such as scalability and privacy.
- Understand the Voice of the Developer, including developer needs, expectations and product understanding when it comes to the identity landscape for application development.
- Work with product management and our CIAM specialists to validate use cases and create reference architectures.
- Create high quality technical content such as demos, case studies, white papers, blog posts, and other assets.
- Develop enablement and training materials for our sales engineering, customer success, and professional services teams.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the CIAM technology landscape.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of technical / product marketing, product management, or sales engineering on enterprise IaaS or SaaS businesses or developer platforms. 2+ years experience leading technical teams.
- Proven track record of leading highly technical teams, translating technical solutions into compelling business outcomes.
- Proven track record of marketing to a highly technical audience within large organizations. You must be comfortable working with and marketing to technical buyers and stakeholders within enterprises.
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical marketing content, sales enablement training, and tools. (Feel free to share samples of your work ahead of time!)
- Capable of building demos that require software development knowledge, such as the use of APIs and webhooks, and familiarity with tools such as Postman, Github, etc. (Feel free to share your GitHub profile and samples)
- Development background (at a good level to demo. You will not be required to pass a code test) in at least one of the following areas: Front End, Back End, Mobile, IoT, or CI/CD Automation.
- Strong domain knowledge in at least one of these areas: identity and access management, Cloud Infrastructure (Performance, Scalability, Compliance), Privacy, or Security.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Working experience as a software engineer, a security certification (i.e. CCSP, CISSP), experience deploying Okta , or MBA is a plus.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.