Okta’s Directory Integrations, or Hybrid-Sourced Identity is a powerful gateway on which the rest of Okta products sits. While Universal Directory includes primitive and primitive management, Directory Integrations defines how to pull or push those identities to/from upstream and downstream systems, as well as handle authentication and administration of those identities. We are looking for an experienced product manager with a platform product background who can also skillfully translate these concepts and narrate powerful customer stories end-to-end. You will partner closely with engineering, design, marketing, and other product teams to lead platformization and cross-product impact at Okta. You will be responsible for:
1 - Driving the roadmap for Directory Integrations / Hybrid-Sourced Identity primitives: You own the roadmap for our Hybrid-Sourced Identity team. You understand the nuances of objects stored outside of our directory, within our directory, how they are organized and used, and how they might translate between systems.
2 - Understanding key customer requirements and integration use cases across Okta. This means collaborating across product teams, predicting future scenarios and needs ahead of others, and most importantly, being creative about various ways to handle customers’ needs. Because you own a platform product, the breadth of customer scenarios touched are much greater, and you must have the insight to foresee and predict the impact.
3 – Executing on highly technical products. You collaborate with engineering and design to ship features that require a deep understanding of customer’s technical complexities. You have the ability to take these needs and creatively develop technical proposals to address them.
Major pluses for candidates with experience with directories and Identity.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Roadmap and Vision
- Set product strategy and direction for our Directory Integrations / Hybrid-Sourced Identity team.
- Define the execution roadmap
- Evangelize vision to other product teams, engineering teams, sales team, and customers
Feature Delivery and Execution
- Work with your scrum team to deliver features on-time, on-target
- Regularly ship features that unlock key use cases
- Collaborate with design to spec experiences that delight customers
- Prioritize rigorously across a number of product investment areas
- Not afraid to get into the weeds to define features and experiences
- Engage with customers to deeply understand their challenges
- Understand challenges to deployment and usability of the Okta end to end products
- Stay close to customers during beta programs and ensure that feedback is incorporated into the product
- Work with technical marketing and sales to deeply understand the competitor landscape
- Keep your finger on the pulse of market changes and understand where trends are heading
Own the Product!
- Customer success focused thinking: always working to unblock sales and help customers through issues
- Responsive to supporting the field on critical asks and customer needs
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Strong leadership skills and presence
- Track record of successful delivery of company-critical projects
- 2+ years of industry experience. 5+ years of product management or related experience
- Knowledge in identity or access management
- Experience in leading platform products
- Experience with developing multi-tenant SaaS services
Meet the manager:
Tiffany Jung is the Director of Product Management for Directories (https://www.linkedin.com/in/tiffanyjung/) at Okta
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.