Okta’s Customer Identity products power customer identity and access management (CIAM) solutions on which modern, secure, and frictionless experiences can be built and brought to market quickly. Our approach is rooted in an identity leadership that enterprises trust and agility that developers love. It is why world-class organizations like MLB, Lululemon, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Dignity Health have embedded Okta into their web and mobile applications to transform their customer experiences.
Nailing CIAM is imperative with the majority of customers now interacting with products and services on digital channels. We are looking for someone to drive the business and go to market of Okta’s Customer Identity products, the fastest growing segment of Okta. This includes creating compelling messaging and positioning, launching new features, enabling the field, collaborating with business development on partnerships, and partnering with corporate marketing to target the right buyers and influencers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement use case and product messaging and positioning for Okta’s Customer Identity Solutions; working cross-functionally to execute. Champion product positioning, strategic technology and channel partner engagement, developer engagement, validate market messaging and evangelize your product offerings both internally and externally. Publicly represent your
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the B2B and B2C identity market space, products, and service offerings, including overall value proposition, features, functionality, competitive landscape, and the verticals and use cases where they are relevant.
- Closely partner with product management to ensure we are delivering on end to end scenarios that meet customer needs and to execute well-received product/feature launches.
- Develop tools and training to support the full sales cycle. This includes product demonstrations, sales training and technical content, as well as delivering competitive intelligence to the field and marketing organizations.
- Deliver key messages that enable our marketing execution team and PR agencies to execute relevant digital and event-based campaigns and programs.
- Collaborate on plans and build supporting content for state of the art digital and field-based demand generation programs that result in pipeline for the sales organization.
- Provide “in deal” support to sales team for Customer Identity and Access Management related deals.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8+ years of product management, solutions marketing or product marketing experience for an enterprise-focused software, SaaS, or web services company.
- Proven track record of marketing to a highly technical audience. You must be comfortable working with and marketing to technical buyers within enterprises.
- Proven track record of creating product and/or solutions-specific messaging and content
- Deep understanding of the challenges that developers face when building applications. Previous experience developing applications in modern programming languages/frameworks a plus.
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Passion for measurement, metrics, and continuous improvement across the organization.
- Project management skills, can manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. MBA a plus.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.