The Group Manager, Launch Management plays a critical and central role in the Okta product launch process, with responsibility for developing and executing go-to-market plans for all new products and releases. With accountability for ensuring products are launched into Okta and the marketplace successfully, this role requires someone with a combination of strong marketing skills, project/program management, consensus building, and an ability to coordinate resources from a variety of supporting teams. This position works closely with Product Marketing, Product Management, Marketing Communication, Product Support/Service, Sales and the Executive team.
You will be responsible for managing key product GTM cadences with a focus on large, complex release readiness programs from start to finish. You will be responsible for providing a proactive, strategic perspective on process improvements, as well as a tactical view into daily progress and issues. Your primary focus will be product / feature GTM management, but your responsibilities will include cross-functional coordination. Each day you will exercise key skills such as conflict resolution, cross-team collaboration, as well as asking and answering questions with precision.
What you get to do in this role:
- Develop and manage a detailed project or program plan that considers all requirements, constraints, resources, and deliverables associated with the launch objectives. Develop and execute go-to-market plans and internal organizational readiness.
- Ensuring the launch project is properly scoped and resourced, and working team members are engaged and informed of key responsibilities.
- Coordinate regular launch team meetings, publishing notes and action items to team members. Proactively identify the need for stakeholder involvement, identify and resolve roadblocks and risks and manage the day to day execution of the initiative(s)
- Managing stakeholder communications and prioritizing topics for executive engagement.
- Work closely with your Engineering, PM and field Program Management counterparts and the corporate NPI function to align and develop the overall launch prioritization, milestones, deliverables, and success criteria for large or complex launches
- Effectively manages risk, partners with colleagues to ensure the right decisions are made at the right time, appropriate communication occurs, and plans are intelligently adjusted to reflect necessary fluctuations in goals and requirements.
- Develop best practices to facilitate high quality product releases
- Simplify complex issues into a crisp, actionable exec-level status. Analyze trends and data and create reports and dashboards to provide actionable insights to senior leadership
- Maintain a calendar of future launches, communicating and educating launch process out to the operational stakeholders.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Experience managing large launches of enterprise software products globally to a large customer base.
- 8+ years of proven project and program management experience.
- Highly driven self-starter, motivated, with excellent communication and organization skills
- You are a self-starter that thrives in the face of challenge. You are relentless in clearing obstacles with a resourceful and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high-level direction.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to work with technical and non-technical audiences as well as communicate as effectively to individual contributors as you do with executives.
- Demonstrated experience presenting and advocating programs to customers and/or internal key stakeholders.
- Maniacal attention to details, balanced with the ability to absorb large amounts of information and distill it down to the essentials.
- You have strong people skills, with a distinctive ability to motivate and influence people without authority or a direct reporting relationship.
- Excellent negotiation, conflict management and resolution skills. You diplomatically facilitate teams to the successful resolution of issues.
- You are high energy, maintain a positive attitude, have contagious enthusiasm that helps you to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and leveraging tools of the trade, such as productivity tools and project management applications.
- Bachelors or equivalent a must; MBA or equivalent strongly preferred.
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.