We are looking for a strong product leader with a passion for the knowledge experience- the journey through which Okta customers get all the information about how to use and become successful with the product. Today, this information is created by a number of different groups at Okta and is delivered to the customer over a number of different channels with different experiences. This role will be responsible for partnering closely with our Information Development, other Product Managers, Engineering, User Experience, Customer Success, Support, Training and Marketing teams to deliver and execute on an overall knowledge experience and information delivery vision and strategy. This role will also collaboratively drive definition and prioritization of customer personas, knowledge, content and delivery tools at each step of the way across channels and the product experience. This includes surfacing content and information such as new product features, release notes, system incidents, support materials, training curriculum and others in a cohesive and consumable delivery experience both in and out of product and across other channels, including our website, trust site, support site and community. Balancing the value for customers, the cost of implementing different approaches, and working within real-world constraints is a key part of the role.
This role also plays a key role in the strategic push for Okta to enable a more efficient and effective zero-touch product experience. The more Okta scales to a larger, more diverse customer base, the more critical it is for customers and prospects to get all the right information at the right time, even with no contact from Okta or its partners.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing market-leading enterprise products or services. Experience in identity management and IT products is a plus, too. Overall success in this role will require both a strong ability to understand true requirements (not just what people ask for), define our strategy, and work across different functional teams at Okta to ensure delivery of a compelling knowledge experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set strategy and direction for the customer knowledge experience scenarios across different user personas that span product areas and information delivery channels
- Work across the Okta organization to gather requirements and constraints of different teams to incorporate and drive consensus in a common strategy and solution
- Ruthlessly prioritize across a number of investment areas and capabilities to deliver the most customer value, leveraging multiple channels of insight and feedback including data-driven insights, interviews, competitive and market analysis, surveys, and/or focus groups as appropriate
- Partner with the User Experience team to uncover customer insights and drive a compelling information architecture and to support the customer-facing knowledge experience
- Execute with Engineering, Information Development, Customer Success, Support and other internal teams to define and deliver a compelling, cross-channel knowledge experience to our customers that make them successful
- Help define requirements and drive changes to IT systems to support a great Knowledge Experience
- Develop and refine understanding of standard methodologies and competitive offerings of knowledge experiences to inform product decisions and strategy
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience across knowledge management, knowledge experience, content management or product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Data-driven approach to decision making
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence
- Track record of successful delivery of company-critical projects
- 10+ years of industry experience. 5+ years of product management, information architecture, knowledge management, customer/user experience or related fields
- Advanced degree in technical field
- Experience with enterprise products or services
- Knowledge in identity, access management, device/mobility management, and/or developer-facing products
- Background in SaaS products
- Familiarity with Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) practices
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.