Intern – Summer 2019 MBA Product Strategy & Business Analytics
In the past several years, we have expanded Okta’s product portfolio into adjacent technology areas to address new use cases and appeal to new types of buyers across the enterprise. As we look forward, we will both extend our market lead in our core product areas and capitalize on market adjacencies to fuel Okta’s future growth. We are seeking an individual who can work collaboratively across the products organization, engineering, and business development to develop strategies for launching innovative new offerings.
The successful candidate will have prior experience developing data-driven growth strategies for technology companies, whether through work in strategy consulting or product management at another software company. It is critical that this person possess a high comfort with ambiguity, strong problem structuring skills, analytical acumen, and solid communication skills in presenting business insights. The ideal applicant will also have experience working within the product development process and will possess an understanding of the operational and go-to-market implications of their strategy recommendations.
Potential Projects and Responsibilities:
- Conduct Voice of the Customer research with Okta customers and prospects to test new product concepts, isolate product requirements, identify implications for Okta’s product positioning and go-to-market strategy
- Analyze competitive offerings, synthesize findings, and identify sources of Okta distinctiveness
- Define business model by both identifying areas for value creation and value capture
- Define and track business performance and product usage metrics to assess success of new business initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA in-progress from a top-tier school
- 2-4+ years of strategy consulting experience at a top firm or prior experience in tech
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Undergraduate degree in technical or quantitative field
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset; comfort with ambiguity and drive to take on new challenges and responsibilities
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude for structuring complex problems and presenting well-supported solutions
- Knowledge of identity, access management and/or developer-facing products is a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work