There are millions of websites, mobile apps, and API services in the world. A large percentage of these apps require users to register, log in, etc. Okta wants to be the foundation upon which all these apps are built.
Our goal is to become the most used authentication and authorization service for developers worldwide.
To do this, we need your help!
We are looking for a strong, seasoned developer and writer with an eye for developer experience. You will play a leading role as part of the Developer Documentation team, which will help in the effort to make Okta an iconic developer brand.
As a Developer Documentation Engineer, you will be driving the direction of our developer documentation. We want developers to love and talk about our documentation as a critical resource for:
- A basic understanding of what Okta is
- How to integrate an application with Okta for authentication in five minutes or less
- Deeper learning of all that the Okta Developer Platform has to offer
You will participate in the developer community and be a key strategic advisor to our overall platform business. This role has a significant impact on our bottom line.
Your role on the team will be both to write developer documentation and contribute to building the best developer documentation experience for Okta developers in an effort to grow and support the documentation as a primary resource for developers. This will entail being an expert in how developers learn and consume documentation and other developer content. You should be a strong, polyglot developer and writer who is passionate about the latest and greatest approaches to reaching other developers through documentation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and curate interesting educational content for developers on our documentation site: developer.okta.com/docs
- Work closely with product management and engineering to ensure that developer.okta.com and our API product is properly represented and easily understood by developers
- Within Okta, be a developer documentation subject matter expert and champion developer needs and priorities across product, engineering, and marketing
- Drive Okta’s participation in, and engagement with, the open-source community
- Use metrics and data to drive activities and priorities
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years’ experience as a developer, developer advocate, or related role working on deeply technical products at leading technology companies
- A strong technical writer with solid English communication skills (writing and speaking)
- Strong technical understanding of REST APIs, HTTP, SDKs, and authentication/authorization protocols (OAuth, OpenID Connect, Basic Auth, ...)
- Deep understanding of developer communities and how to engage them productively
- Deep understanding of how to create a great developer documentation and content experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.