Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
You are an articulate and seasoned technical expert who understands and can appreciate the challenges that developers face when integrating multiple systems and services into custom solutions. You have technical depth, a developer skill set, and a real passion for helping Okta’s customers and partners use our secure, scalable, Identity Platform.
As a Principal Developer Support Engineer, you will be responsible for helping Okta’s developer community build more robust and secure solutions using Okta’s identity management platform, and troubleshooting and resolving complex software issues for these customers. You will also work closely to identify and address recurring issues and ensure product quality with colleagues in the Developer support team, as well as product development peers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Okta’s developer support team, helping developers and architects with architectural issues they may encounter while building with Okta
- Support our community team in helping developers understand the full range of possibilities they can achieve with Okta
- Provide technical support for developers with more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta teams as needed to resolve issues
- Collaborate with peers in product development teams to identify and resolve recurring issues
- Craft and deliver technical content to show developers/architects how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Distill and communicate developers/architects’ needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales providing insights to guide future product development and updates.
- Proficient in cloud infrastructure platforms like Terraform, AWS, Kubernetes, etc
- Networking skills such as TCP/IP, DNS, and Load Balancers.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly on a whiteboard.
- Deep experience with Identity Access Management with at least one standard network security protocol. (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of common security concerns within a typical application. (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- Experience in developer/customer-facing roles such as consulting, support, or solutions engineering, demonstrating a passion for serving developers, creating technical documentation, and delivering presentations to technical audiences
- Strong technical leadership skills, sharing technical knowledge and best practices among peers in the Developer Support team
- Confident in dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Typically 10% travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or a comparable field is preferred.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.