The Okta Customer Identity Cloud (CIC), powered by Auth0, builds the best Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) solution on the planet. Hands down. Created for developers so they can focus on their innovative application ideas, for their own domains. Optimized for end users to minimize friction. And designed with security to keep applications, users, and organizations safe. Okta CIC customers come in all sizes and shapes with many counting among the most recognized brands around the world. By using Okta CIC, customers increase security and reduce friction so they can grow revenues faster and become more efficient. If you have strong desires to see the results of your work used by name brand customers and millions of users around the world, then Okta CIC is the place where your dreams can be turned into reality.
The Okta Customer Identity Cloud’s (CIC) platform provides a highly reliable, always-on, secure and scalable platform that enables CIC engineers to innovate by building and delivering world-class software products. The platform is also a real product differentiator for Okta, enabling different deployment models and multi cloud support to our global customer base. As a Principal Product Manager for the platform, you will define its vision and strategy by partnering closely with product engineering teams, other product managers, and architects. You will execute on the strategy as a lead in a team of technical product managers. Your focus will be to enhance the platform to support product initiatives that provide solutions to our customers. This role is a great opportunity for Product Leaders with expertise in IaaS, PaaS or infrastructure B2B Software.
- Define and execute a multi-year vision and strategy for Okta CIC’s internal platform, in close partnership with platform and product engineering teams
- Meet with enterprise customers to understand and prioritize requirements, and communicate roadmap for platform features including scalability, resilience, performance and security
- Lead yearly and quarterly planning sessions to define and communicate platform strategy, roadmap priorities and help resolve cross-team dependencies
- Drive the effort for product and technical discovery with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead by influence, persuasion, and by making compelling cases for investment and innovation in the platform domain
- Drive alignment with partner organizations such as marketing, sales, customer success, support and technical field on enablement, launches, messaging and other activities
- Support build, buy or partner decisions of third-party vendors to augment the core platform and drive value
Skills & Qualifications
- 8+ years of product management experience in a B2B software company
- 15+ years of technical/engineering background building IaaS, PaaS or infrastructure B2B software
- 4+ years of leadership experience preferred leading a team of product managers or other related technical roles like pre-sales or solution architects
- Experience shipping highly-available and scalable solutions in the cloud-native Kubernetes ecosystem
- Experience leveraging CNCF ecosystem projects in building a platform
- Experience building interfaces and tools for developers and engineering teams
- Understanding and experience optimizing for cloud unit economics
- Familiarity with security and data privacy compliance regulations (e.g. GDPR, SOC2, HIPAA, PCI, etc.)
- Ability to clearly articulate complex ideas and plans to executive leadership as well as broader cross-functional stakeholders
- Clear data-driven decision making skills in a highly cross-functional environment
- Capable of developing a strong, positive relationship with technical field teams
- Experience working with asynchronous communications in remote teams
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $204,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.