The Okta Design team (UX Design, UI Design and Research for Product) plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Okta’s businesses.
As a UX Writer, you will be creating the words that users interact with when they use Okta products. You’ll regularly use empathy, logic, and data to inform writing and design choices. You’ll drive guidelines, create frameworks, design solutions, influence product vision, manage cross-functional projects, and work with leadership to set goals. You’ll apply user-centered design methods to all elements of product design, with a focus on clarity, coherence, quality, accessibility, and global relevance. You’ll partner with teams to concept, test, design, and deliver human-centered user experiences and build Okta products.
The UX Writer role also requires strong strategic thinking that will allow for quick problem solving and prioritization in a fast-paced environment. Due to the highly collaborative nature of this role, strong interpersonal skills and cross-functional team experience is required.
- Use writing and editing skills to write navigation UI for user interface text that facilitates user navigation with dev.okta, help.okta and other product needs such as components of the end-to-end user experience, that include on-boarding, empty states, buttons, links, promos, success/error messages, notifications, instructional materials, settings and alt text.
- Drive vision for product language and content across a product or subject-matter domain, and ensure cohesive product narratives.
- Document your strategies with guidelines and establish best practices and strategy principles.
- Develop a UX Writing content style guide that includes voice and tone guidance and rules for grammar and punctuation.
- Manage projects from needs assessment to implementation; identify opportunities, establish priorities, secure resources, and manage stakeholders.
- As a bridge builder between teams, you will own UX content strategy for Product to ensure consistency across the product experience.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, legal, marketing, product managers, and engineers. Influence and adapt to stakeholders and their feedback.
- Test copy with the research and product management teams to ensure it is resonating with our users.
- Provide leadership and direction to external UX writers and educate cross-functional partners on the role of UX writing and content strategy.
- Partner with the Program Managers, Designers and UXR to create efficient workflows.
- Define the process and tools needed for UX Copywriting.
- Hire, onboard and mentor external resources for UX copywriting as needed.
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience as a UX copywriter or content strategist for SaaS or
B2B products on web and mobile app platforms.
- Strong understanding of UX/UI design principles for product (security, identity experience
- Experience naming or labeling areas of a product, including new features and site navigation.
- Outstanding communication skills, can clearly articulate your rationale for content or copy recommendations.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented team player with people management skills.
- A growth mindset and a positive, action-oriented approach to work.
- A link to your portfolio is required with your application, that includes UX writing samples and style guidelines.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.