There are millions of websites, mobile apps, and API services in the world. A large percentage of these apps require users to register, log in, etc. Okta wants to be the foundation upon which all these apps are built.
Our goal is to become the most used authentication and authorization service for developers worldwide.
To do this, we need your help!
Creating a good developer experience is key to our vision. When a developer visits Okta's documentation or signs up for our developer trial, we want it to be intuitive and straightforward to add Okta to their application. That starts with great documentation, a clear on-boarding process, and good SDKs for popular languages/frameworks… and grows from there!
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to own the end-to-end experience for developers. That means everything from the first touchpoints a developer has on developer.okta.com, to developer on-boarding, to successful testing and deployment of their first application. We're seeking someone who feels empathy for the developer persona and advocates for great developer experience. Come join a team building the future of digital identity!
Job duties and responsibilities:
Deliver a great developer experience
- Work with your engineering team to build SDKs and tools that are useful for developers
- Collaborate closely with our UX and technical writing teams to deliver world-class documentation
- Continuously improve the developer onboarding experience
- Collaborate with other PMs as an advocate for great developer documentation, and to build developer-friendly features across the whole organization
Develop, research, and advocate for a developer-oriented strategy
- Talk to developers and customers to understand their pain points
- Define a product strategy and roadmap incorporating tooling, resources, documentation, and UI to deliver on developer success
- Closely track industry trends and adapt your strategy accordingly
Drive product improvements with data
- Define and gather metrics that help identify friction, measure success, and drive fast iteration loops
- Work with the data analytics team to automate reporting of developer metrics
- 7-9 + years of product management or related developer experience
- You take ownership of your product area because you care deeply about its success
- You seek out feedback from your users because you are focused on their success
- You want to get hands-on to understand the existing developer experience and identify opportunities to improve it
- You hold yourself to the highest ethical standards and want to work at a company that does the same
- You have excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal, and written) and like the challenge of helping people have "lightbulb" or "aha" moments
- Experience writing documentation and building tools for developers
- Bachelor’s degree
- A degree in a technical or engineering field, or coding experience
- Familiarity with Identity and Access Management protocols (SAML, OAuth 2.0)
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.