Today, there are millions of websites, mobile apps, and API services in the world, and most of these depend on identity as a key layer to deliver value. However, the end user experiences for creating, managing and using their identity on these apps and services have not significantly changed in the last decade. Today, users are still dealing with hundreds of usernames and passwords that effectively proxy their relationships with businesses. The Okta Personal team believes that users are ready for a better, privacy-preserving experience, and our vision is to make digital living seamless and safe for everyone.What you’ll do
As a Product Manager on the Okta Personal team, you will be devising strategy, developing product requirements, and overseeing execution for one of the highest impact initiatives at Okta to fundamentally rethink and redefine what the future of identity looks like across the Internet. You will be joining a team with a user-first, experimentation mindset involving rapid iteration and a high degree of ownership.
- Collaborate internally with your engineering, design, marketing, and user research counterparts and participate in external interviews with end users to execute on your product roadmap
- Prioritize what to build next based on inputs from users and internal stakeholders, while being flexible to iterate and change direction
- Partner with user research, design, and engineering to quickly prototype and test solutions
- Define success of experiments and features with clearly measurable outcomes
- Develop strategy for Okta’s consumer product and get feedback on your plans directly from Okta’s leadership team
- Work with marketing to understand the competitive landscape in the consumer identity market and make product recommendations
- 3+ years in a software company or related field, 2+ years of product management experience
- Strong execution. Has a track record of consistently shipping impactful products and features to end users
- High degree of intellectual curiosity. Can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there
- Exceptional communication skills. Able to adapt communication style for different types of audiences, both written and verbal
- Persistence and a whatever-it-takes approach to ensure that your product and team are successful
- Excitement to work with ambiguity in a high-growth and quickly changing environment
- A deep sense of empathy for our customers and their end-users
- Ability to advocate for and articulate great user experiences
- Strong technical background and ability to quickly understand complex concepts
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $154,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.