Today there are millions of websites, mobile apps, and API services in the world, and most of these depend on identity as a key layer to deliver value. However the end user experiences for creating, managing and using one’s identity on these apps and services have not significantly changed in the last two decades. Users are still dealing with hundreds of usernames and passwords to proxy their relationships with businesses. As Okta, we believe the users are ready for a better experience, and our goal is to fundamentally rethink and redefine what the future of identity looks like across the Internet.
We are a small, agile and growing team of talented engineers, who are bringing Okta’s expertise and experience in identity to the personal world. With emphasis on a consumer-first mindset, we leverage rapid iteration and ongoing experimentation to build the best product for our users. Working cross-functionally with Product, Design, Research and others, we depend on our ability to communicate openly and collaborate well. We’re looking for great engineering talent to build this team with us to help define the future of personal identity on the internet, and make digital living safe and seamless for everyone.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver highly scalable software used daily by millions of users
- Drive evaluation, development, and roll-out of new features in our mobile Android application
- Help with design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standards by writing unit and functional tests.
- Continuously improve developer velocity and efficiency by contributing to build and deploy processes, test automation, and modern mobile application development practices.
- Collaborate across Product, Design, Operations and Security teams
- Mentor new engineering hires and interns
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of native Android mobile development experience (Java or Kotlin)
- Experience with offline storage and processing concepts, networking and caching
- Experience with Android build infrastructure
Nice to Haves:
- Customer identity experience
- Web development experience
- Experience with modern cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science or related field
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $154,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.