As a Developer Advocate at Auth0, your job is to empower developers to innovate and secure their applications with Auth0. Developer advocates have two main focuses. The first is to educate developers about Auth0 and identity through speaking at events, creating live and recorded video content, writing, appearing on podcasts, and other creative mediums. The second is to serve the larger developer community by answering questions and listening to feedback on forums, GitHub, social media, and Slack and Discord servers. You'll then take that information and share it with other marketing, engineering, and documentation teams at Auth0 to help improve our developer experience. These two objectives also include working on programs like Auth0 Ambassadors, collaborating with engineering teams, working on open source libraries, and building internal tooling and reporting applications. For all of these tasks, you will measure your impact both quantitatively and qualitatively and adjust course as needed.
Who are we looking for?
- 3+ years experience as a developer, preferably focused on backend technologies like Java, Python, .NET, Go, or PHP.
- You find joy in serving the community and helping fellow developers get better at their jobs.
- You're an educator at heart who loves teaching developers how to build amazing things.
- You're comfortable taking complex topics and making them accessible to developers of different experience levels.
- You enjoy speaking in front of groups of developers at conferences and meetups.
- Writing excites you - part of teaching is developing content!
- You will be the first to try new APIs and products. You're not afraid to roll your sleeves up to write code snippets and sample applications. Even better, you can articulate ways they can be improved to make all developers’ lives easier.
- You are a strong independent contributor, but you enjoy collaborating with teammates and multi-functional teams.
- You are comfortable learning multiple skills simultaneously and managing multiple projects at once.
- Your passion for technology inspires you to explore your curiosity; you love learning new things.
- You find a fast-paced, constantly iterative environment engaging and stimulating.
- English and German Proficiency: Ability to effectively produce written and oral content for publication in English and communicate with global teams. Ability to communicate with local teams in German. Including but not limited to, team meetings, company-wide meetings (all-hands), documents, email and slack.
- You are able to travel 30% of the year (as safety allows).
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.