Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta’s Workforce Identity products are the foundation for enabling customers to increase internal and external collaboration by providing friction-free and secure access to on-prem and cloud apps from anywhere and any device; for improving IT agility by simplifying identity management and saving time on cumbersome processes such as employee/partner/vendor onboarding and password-resets; and for strengthening security by reducing the risk of identity-centric cybersecurity attacks. The Workforce Identity developer advocacy team’s goal is to turn developers all over the world who build with Okta into Okta champions by proactively enabling their success.
As a Senior Developer Advocate for Workforce Identity, you represent Okta to external developers. You will establish relationships primarily with developers already using Okta or in the process of onboarding. You will craft resources to help them build with Okta, including sample apps, videos, technical guides, and workshops. You will engage with our customers and 3rd party integrator community, championing their interests, accelerating their development, and translating their feedback into actionable product insights.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Engage online developer communities (forums, social networks) to improve affinity toward Okta and grow members of Workforce Developer Community.
- Capture and drive feedback to respective product teams
- Utilize your “developer zero” mindset to test product usage scenarios
- Create compelling content such as blogs, tutorials, videos
- Support / enhance developer documentation
- Establish thought leadership in identity with developers at events
- Collaboration with DevRel team focused on Customer Identity
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a developer - a plus if you have any experience in developer relations.
- Strong technical understanding of REST APIs, HTTP, SDKs, and authentication/authorization protocols (OAuth2, OpenID Connect, Basic Auth, ...)
- Server-side development (.NET or Java) a plus
- You not only enjoy creating developer content, you are eager to share your findings with other developers, whether online or at in-person events
- Great verbal and written communication skills. Able to adjust your message for different audiences
- Deep understanding of developer communities and forums of which you are actively engaged
- You are self-driven, work well remotely, while maintaining strong visibility internally and to external developer communities
- You are known to be a strong contributor and a collaborator who takes initiative
- You are passionate about developer topics, and enjoy helping others solve problems
- You are always learning and curious, keeping up to date with developer trends - a plus if you are a trendsetter yourself
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.