We are looking for a strong senior product manager with a technical background and good business acumen to partner closely with engineering to deliver a world-class adaptive access capability. Okta’s adaptive access engine leverages data and context to allow our customers to make smarter, risk based access decisions. These capabilities reduce risk and fraud, while also not materially impacting the user experience with onerous security controls. This role will have responsibility for understanding the adaptive authentication market and key capabilities, understand the competitive landscape and how Okta should be competing, and working with engineering to deliver key capabilities for a winning adaptive solution.
Experience developing market-leading enterprise products or services is a must-have. Ideally, the candidate will have experience with adaptive access products, cloud services, identity solutions, and/or machine learning. Success in this role will require both a strong ability to understand customer and partner requirements, define our overall short and long term strategy, and work across your PM team and the broader Okta organization to ensure delivery of a compelling product roadmap and go-to-market plan.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own and drive the strategy and roadmap for Adaptive Risk Based Authentication capabilities
- Understand core business problems and requirements from customers, prospects, sales and support
- Prioritize across a number of product investment areas and detailed features
- Working with Engineering, the wider PM team and other internal groups (e.g., Business Operations) to define and document user stories and use cases to guide engineering development
- Track market trends and competition to inform product decisions and strategy
- Collaborating with product marketing to support creation of messaging and content, and define the go-to-market plan for existing and new features
- Collaborating with technical marketing as the subject matter expert to enable the Okta technical sales force
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services
- Strong knowledge of defining products for enterprise IT
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence
- Track record of successful delivery of company-critical projects
- 4+ years of product management or related experience
- Undergrad degree in computer science or other technical field
- Advanced degree such as MBA
- Deep technical knowledge in identity or access management
- Deep knowledge of reporting and analytics system development
- Experience with developing multi-tenant SaaS services
- Technical knowledge or background in security or networking
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.