Our customers use Okta both to power their internal enterprise and to build apps for their customers and partners. In both cases, customers want the benefits, flexibility and innovation that a modern cloud directory provides, while managing the reality of having an extensive and deeply integrated on-premises infrastructure.
Explosive growth in collaboration and the types of connected devices, driven by employees bringing their own devices and the Internet of Things (IoT), mean that the modern directory needs to track, map and provide the full richness of this data and their relationships. Further, all these challenges must be met at massive scale with best-in-class security and performance. Okta’s Universal Directory is the foundational product that allows Okta to solve these critical customer problems and build the identity and mobility infrastructure of the future.
In this role, you’ll be defining the product strategy and direction for Okta’s Directory product, how Okta works with common on-premises 3rd-party directories (e.g., LDAP and Active Directory), modern cloud-based directories like Google, AWS, and Azure AD, and how we differentiate against other products in the market. In addition, you’ll be setting the roadmap for the product by defining, prioritizing, building and delivering user scenarios and features to drive that strategy forward.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define product strategy and roadmap to focus our investments on the highest value projects
- Manage a small team of Product Managers
- Collaborate closely with Architects, Engineers and Design to define usable and scalable solutions
- Use a hypothesis-driven approach while finding ways to validate assumptions quickly and at low cost
- Track market trends and dynamics to inform product decisions and strategy
- Collaborate with product marketing to align product and go-to-market strategies
- Connect with customers and internal teams to understand the root drivers behind what drives value for them in both the short and long term, their feature requests and then distill these asks into requirements and an actionable phased delivery plan
- Leverage product data to continually get smarter about how to improve our existing products
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- You have a strong technical background that allows you to influence technical design and investment decisions
- You can see the big picture, but deliver on the details
- You can produce solid action plans from often incomplete, conflicting or ambiguous inputs
- You can think deeply about hard problems
- You have managed people
- Excellent communication skills across both technical and business audiences
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence
- 5+ years of industry experience. 3+ years of product management or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with directory products (e.g., Active Directory, LDAP)
- Experience with the broader Microsoft enterprise technology stack, particularly in real-world customer deployments
- Experience with systems/endpoint management challenges and technologies (e.g., SCCM, JAMF, AirWatch, MobileIron)
- Experience w/ IoT
- Advanced degree in technical or business field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work