As we scale Okta globally and expand to multiple products and new buyers, the security solutions marketing function is playing a critical and strategic role in both expanding the opportunity landscape within organizations and driving growth for the company. The core mission of product marketing at Okta revolves around sizing market opportunities, understanding buyers and how to effectively communicate value, mapping the competitive landscape, packaging and pricing the Okta service to best capture value and drive growth, prioritizing go to market investments, and enabling a global sales organization that spans multiple customer segments and buyers.
While identity continues to be a core focus at Okta, as we continue our rapid growth, telling Okta’s full security story to the CSO and security community is increasingly important. On a daily basis, we have the broadest view in the industry into millions of people accessing thousands of cloud and mobile apps and this consumption data will allow us to enable an organization to make data-driven security, access, and policy decisions. Moreover, this intelligence is built upon a highly scalable, reliable, and secure service that provides our most important value to our customers – trust (see trust.okta.com)
The candidate will have three core responsibilities:
- Security solutions ownership: the candidate will be responsible for leading the development and execution of Okta’s security solutions marketing strategy. As the voice of the security ecosystem, the candidate will thoroughly understand key market trends, use cases and customer needs which push Identity-Driven Security to be top-of-mind for the security buying center.
- Incubate and launch Okta’s new security solutions: From thought leadership through productization; from early customer adoption through a full-scale launch, the candidate will flex his or her strategic and creative muscles to position us for success with security solutions that Okta brings to market.
- Security solutions go-to-market leadership: as we expand further into security, we need to ensure that the Okta go-to-market product, sales and marketing motion is coordinated. This person will drive sales enablement and marketing campaigns in conjunction with other parts of the Okta organization. We’re looking for great team players but also people who work well cross-functionally!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Go To Market Strategy
- Identify and prioritize Target Markets, Solution Opportunities and Buyers
- Evolve and drive cross organizational alignment around Repeatable Use Cases
- Partner with corporate marketing to prioritize and inform demand gen investments and communication strategies
- Partner with Analyst Relations to develop and drive deep relations with key analysts and lead Okta responses to relevant MQ, Wave, etc.. submissions
- Publicly represent Okta with customers, partners and larger audiences to communicate our security solutions and business value, and educate customers, prospects and partners about Okta’s company and business strategy
- Customer Driven Messaging, Positioning and Content
- Collaborate with corporate marketing on security message
- Define and deliver effective solution messaging and positioning across products, segments, and use cases
- Deliver content in various formats to communicate messaging and value of Okta
- Business Value Quantification
- Provide world class tools, enablement, and support for quantifying the value of Okta
- Drive adoption of business value more broadly across Okta beyond sales
- Competitive Analysis
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of competitive product and go to market strategies to inform Okta’s business strategy
- Collaborate with tech marketing to ensure we have technical product knowledge and that sales reps and SEs can articulate competitive differentiation and defend value
- Sales Enablement
- Collaborate with sales ops team to deliver tools and training for sales rep
- Provide “real time” support for field in deals to navigate competitive and business challenges
- Collaborate with technical marketing to ensure alignment across sales and SE enablement
- Establish strong, collaborative relationships across Okta
- Develop strong working relationships with Product Management, Technical Marketing, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success to foster an innovative and nimble culture with very tight functional alignment.
- 7+ years of product management or product marketing experience for an enterprise-focused software, SaaS, or web services company.
- Experience selling to CSO and security community. Must be ‘credible’ voice to this audience.
- Proven track record of marketing to a highly technical audience. You must be comfortable working with and marketing to technical buyers within enterprises.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills (of course)
- Passion for measurement, metrics and continuous improvement across the organization.
- Project management skills, can manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field. MBA a plus.
- Knowledge in identity or access management
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.