Okta is seeking an experienced leader and program manager who is passionate about building global communities of individual developers and independent software vendors that leverage our platform . You will be responsible for creating and driving Okta’s developer community programs strategy that enables individual developers and independent software vendors to succeed with Okta. You will also seed a team of program managers focused on driving community programs for key developer segments and channels while working cross functionally with the Product , Engineering, Marketing, Developer Advocacy and Sales teams.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with product, engineering, developer advocacy, legal , sales , marketing and external stakeholders to build out and execute the global community programs that empower developers and Independent Software Vendors building with Okta to succeed
- Identify strategic internal and external partnership opportunities to grow our developer community efforts.
- Build and execute on strategic plans for seeding and growing our community in target regions around the world
- Seed and grow a team of developer community program managers to strategize and execute our developer programs
- Contribute to improvements in internal processes and procedures as our team grows and matures
- Willingness and ability to travel 25-40% of the time
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7+ years experience in developer program management or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record of launching, leading and scaling programs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- A tenacious leader with endurance and grit. Can lead by example as a hands-on contributor and build a strong team, while also acting in a strategic capacity.
- Empathy for developers, regardless of skill level
- Experience translating developer needs into strategic plans and vice versa
- 2+ years of people manager experience
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills — with the experience needed to develop strong working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside Okta
- Developer event organizing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Education and Training:
- BA or BS Degree
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/