Okta is looking for a talented and driven Product Design Manager who can manage and grow a team of Product Designers. You’ll apply your passion for design towards the designers on your team; mentoring and helping them excel in their career. As a Product Design Manager, you will be expected to be a strong advocate for user-centered design and a trusted ambassador for the Design team.
You must have proven skills in conceptual design, interaction design, and visual design. Your experience designing and managing across the full product lifecycle will be used to guide designers and evolve processes that help scale Product Design. You must be a tenacious facilitator who seeks input from user research, engineering, data analysts, and product management to design simple solutions to complex problems. The ideal candidate has proficiency in user-centered design, user research, some management experience, and is a strong communicator.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to design simple and engaging products
- Provide coaching and direction for your direct reports
- Work across the organization to build strong partnerships with Product Design
- Probe challenging problems to gain a deep understanding of Okta’s products, user goals, and behaviors
- Use your understanding of usability heuristics to evaluate new and existing features and offer viable suggestions for improvements
- Develop mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and ideas
- 5+ years of combined experience in UX design and management or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite or similar tools.
- Great communicator, analytical thinker, comfortable with technical subject matter, and preferably, a good sense of humor
- BS in Human-Computer Interaction or related field or work experience as a designer.
**Please include design samples or link to design portfolio with your application.Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.