About the Team:
Okta is looking for a passionate SaaS Pricing Manager who wants to drive pricing optimization and operational excellence. Our pricing team is looking for someone with experience as an expert market, customer and competitor researcher, and has the ability to drive strategy and alignment with product, marketing, finance and sales partners.
The pricing manager will drive the development of new business models, optimize pricing and packaging offerings, provide deal level guidance to sales and customer success teams, and ensure alignment with Okta’s global pricing strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Develop deep expertise in how customers perceive and derive value from the product, what are the common use cases and how they perceive the product with respect to the competition.
- Develop pricing proposals for new products and refine pricing for existing products based on customer, field, internal deal data and qualitative and quantitative market research. Put together the proposal in collaboration with product marketing, product management, field and finance.
- Drive projects related to price points and tier differentiation for new and current products, customer segments to target, feature prioritization, and deal level guidance to account managers
- Drive pricing research via customer and 3rd party surveys, customer and prospect interviews and internal data analysis. Research and report on competitor price points and offerings
- Model financial and business impact of pricing options. Develop hypothesis-driven price tests for both self serve and enterprise packages
- Collaborate with product and marketing leaders on internal and external communication, and sales enablement. Similarly, collaborate with the business operations team on systems changes, SKU development and adjustments in Salesforce. Collaborate with data and business intelligence teams on dashboards and reporting
- Monitor and report on KPIs associated with pricing changes
What you’ll bring:
- Ability to develop deep user and customer empathy
- 5+ years of experience in market research, pricing, business operations, product or strategy
- Significant experience with expertise in market, customer and competitor research
- Internal surveys and data analysis experience
- Comfortable with tools such as Qualtrics, Tableau, and Salesforce
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to partner with product, marketing and customer facing teams to design and bring to market innovative pricing and packaging
- Must be accessible, approachable and be able to work in a highly collaborative work environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, no fear to bring immediate action and results
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.