Office 365 is a strategic priority for Okta since it is the most used application by our enterprise customers. We are looking for a seasoned product manager who has experience with complex, technical integrations and a vision to create a single beautiful experience from many parts. This PM must have a strong technical background, be familiar with the MSFT's Azure cloud offerings - Azure Active Directory, Intune, Office 365 and Windows 10, and have the ability to skillfully explain how Okta integrates with these concepts to customers and internal stakeholders.
You will partner closely with engineering, design, marketing, and other product teams to lead the platformization of Azure and O365 Integrations, and you will pave the way for other applications to follow. You will be responsible for:
1 - Driving the roadmap for O365 and Azure Integrations: You understand the nuances of the latest trends in Microsoft products and how they are leveraged by Okta customers within their larger ecosystem. You have a vision and plan to bring many parts into a single seamless experience, as well as automate flows onto a platform.
2 - Understanding key customer requirements and integration use cases across Okta. This means collaborating across product teams, predicting future scenarios and needs ahead of others, and most importantly, being creative about various ways to handle customers’ needs. Because you own a product with high usage across Okta customers, you can manage high profile customers and stressful situations with ease.
3 – Executing on highly technical products. You collaborate with engineering and design to ship features that require a deep understanding of customer’s technical complexities. You are able to develop creative short term and long term solutions to address customer issues. Because you own an integration product end-to-end, you should be familiar with MSFT Concepts (Azure Active Directory, Intune, Office 365 and Windows 10), skilled in Identity protocols (SAML, OIDC and WS-Fed), as well as have deep knowledge of other Okta products like Workflows that you will be partnering with.
4 – Evangelizing our Okta platform and integrations. You should be an internal and external evangelist for Okta's integration with Microsoft products, and advocate why customers should choose Okta as their identity platform for MSFT integrations.
Major pluses for candidates with experience with integrations, Microsoft, and Identity.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Roadmap and Vision
- Set product strategy and direction for our Azure Integrations team
- Define the execution roadmap
- Evangelize vision to other product teams, engineering teams, sales team, and customers
Feature Delivery and Execution
- Work with your scrum team to deliver features on-time, on-target
- Regularly ship features that unlock key use cases
- Collaborate with design to spec experiences that delight customers
- Prioritize rigorously across a number of product investment areas
- Not afraid to get into the weeds to define features and experiences
- Engage with customers to deeply understand their challenges
- Develop immediate and long term creative solutions for customers who have issues
- Understand challenges to deployment and usability of the Okta end to end products
- Stay close to customers during beta programs and ensure that feedback is incorporated into the product
- Manage high priority escalations when integrations break
- Work with technical marketing and sales to deeply understand the Microsoft landscape
- Keep your finger on the pulse of market changes and understand where trends are heading
Own the Product!
- Customer success focused thinking: always working to unblock sales and help customers through issues
- Responsive to supporting the field on critical asks and customer needs
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Strong leadership skills and presence
- Track record of successful delivery of company-critical projects
- 2+ years of industry experience. 3+ years of product management or related experience
- Knowledge in identity or access management
- Experience with integrations
- Experience with Azure product
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Meet the manager:
Tiffany Jung is the Director of Product Management for Directories (https://www.linkedin.com/in/tiffanyjung/) at Okta