Every organization in the world has an Identity challenge on their hands. Whether you are trying to provide application access to employees in the enterprise, or build applications for partners and customers, delivering both a secure and seamless experience is hard. At the heart of this challenge is knowing the identity of all your users and managing those identities at scale.
The Core Identity team at Okta is building the next generation of Identity Management products to make managing employee, partner, and customer identities easy. Our SaaS offerings connect to sources of identity and automate how those identities are managed from onboard to offboard. Through our developer platform, developers can rely on Okta for all things identity so they can focus on building their applications. In conjunction with the rest of the Okta product portfolio, we not only deliver on security, but make access seamless for millions of users so they can connect to everything they need to work, collaborate or consume services.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the growing Core Identity team and own all things around Identity Enrollment. You will be responsible for figuring out how to help our customers create a digital representation for all their users inside of Okta, through both end user and admin facing features. Since every user at every one of our customers goes through an enrollment flow, you will be responsible for a critical aspect of the Core Identity product with incredible reach and scale. We are looking for motivated and creative problem solvers that can both see the big picture and sweat the details. If you are a product person at heart, and thrive amidst the ambiguity and technical challenges associated with building the future, then we are looking for you.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Connect with customers and internal teams and distill feedback and data into product requirements that deliver broad customer value
- Think strategically to develop solutions that are differentiated versus the competition
- Develop roadmaps that make hard tradeoffs and prioritize the highest value work first
- Build compelling hypotheses and find ways to validate assumptions at low cost
- Collaborate closely with Architects, Engineers and UX to define highly usable, robust and scalable solutions
- Work cross-functionally to sell your vision and bring your products to market
- Leverage data to continually get smarter and drive adoption of existing products
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- You can see the big picture, but deliver on the details
- You can produce solid action plans from often incomplete, conflicting or ambiguous inputs
- You have a technical background that allows you to positively influence technical design and investments decisions
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful
- You are a naturally curious person with a proven ability to learn new products and technologies
- You often take the lead and are equally comfortable communicating with the executive team as you are developers
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of industry experience. 2+ years of product management or related product development experience
- Experience building or being a product manager for developer centric products and platforms
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services
- Familiarity with Identity and Access management protocols and products
- Advanced degree in technical or business field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work