Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Senior Product Manager for Highly Regulated Identity
The Okta Customer Identity Cloud (CIC), powered by Auth0, builds the best Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) solution on the planet. Hands down. Created for developers so they can focus on their innovative application ideas, for their own domains. Optimized for end users to minimize friction. And designed with security to keep applications, users, and organizations safe. Okta CIC customers come in all sizes and shapes with many counting among the most recognized brands around the world. By using Okta CIC, customers increase security and reduce friction so they can grow revenues faster and become more efficient. If you have strong desires to see the results of your work used by name brand customers and millions of users around the world, then Okta CIC is the place where your dreams can be turned into reality.
About the Team
As part of Okta CIC Identity and Access Management (IAM), the Highly Regulated Identity product team is responsible for building financial-grade CIAM capabilities for customers in highly regulated industries like financial services and healthcare. These capabilities provide the extra security and policy control required to protect and secure data and transactions, while maintaining compliance and intuitive user experiences. This includes building features that support OpenID FAPI (Financial Grade APIs), Open Banking processes, and adding support for regulations such as PSD2, FDX, etc.Responsibilities / What you’ll do
- Define and execute on a multi-year vision and strategy for Okta CIC’s Highly Regulated Identity product
- Engage with enterprise customers in highly regulated industries to understand their needs, distill product requirements, validate vision and communicate roadmap
- Lead yearly and quarterly planning sessions to define product strategy, roadmap priorities and help resolve cross-team dependencies
- Work alongside a wonderful team of engineers. Drive product and technical discovery with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead by influence, persuasion, and by making compelling cases for investment and innovation
- Drive alignment with partner organizations such as marketing, sales, customer success, support and technical field on enablement, launches, messaging and other activities
- Engage with Research and Competitive Intelligence to better understand the market, our competitors, product buyers and users
- 10+ years technical/engineering background or experience in B2B, fintech or a financial software organization
- 6+ years of product management experience in the same space, preferably building financial grade API products
- Experience working with the Financial and Open Banking market, implementing guidelines and regulations (US FDX, PSD2, UK Open Banking, etc.)
- Strong technical understanding of OAuth2.0 and OpenID Connect Core specifications. A strong advantage would be having an understanding of OIDC FAPI specifications.
- Strong technical understanding of PKI (Public Key Infrastructure)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate complex ideas to leadership, customers as well as broader cross-functional stakeholders
- Clear data-driven decision making skills in a highly cross-functional environment
- Capable of developing a strong, positive relationship with engineering, program and design teams
- Experience with working remotely
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.