Okta’s Lifecycle Management connects with over 400+ applications and helps customers fully automate user onboarding/offboarding process and ensures employees within a company have the right level of access to any application or resource they need
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who will be part of an exciting opportunity to build a zero to one product. Our vision is to make Okta the central place where customers manage roles and permissions for any resource (includes Applications, Infrastructure, or any other resource), across the cloud or on-prem. In order to achieve this vision, we are rethinking our resource model and building an innovative resource platform that helps Okta achieve this vision. The ideal candidate will be someone with a strong technical background, willingness to learn and partner closely with engineers, architects, design and other cross functional product teams across Okta. Your primary responsibilities in these areas will include:
- Engage with customers to understand pain points with Lifecycle Management and Governance processes and identify opportunities where Okta can help
- Collaborate with user Research and design teams to conduct interviews with customers and iterate on creative solutions that will delight customers
- Set product strategy and vision for your product area and evangelize the strategy to internal and external stakeholders
- Define product roadmap with the right prioritization trade offs needed to ensure you are able to execute on the product vision
- Lead a scrum team of stellar engineers and deliver key features with high quality in the communicated timelines
- Be a thought leader for your product area; and stay on top of the latest innovations and competitive landscape that is happening
- Work with Product Marketing to clearly articulate Okta’s differentiation versus market alternatives, and be a thought leader for the product area
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
You are an ideal candidate for this position if:
- You have 4+ years of product management experience, preferably in Enterprise SaaS or IaaS
- You have developed a phased roadmap for complex or abstract projects; and executed on the roadmap to deliver a product that customers loved
- You have presented your product strategy, vision and roadmap to internal product leadership and customers at a large conferences
- You have shipped products that are developer focussed or are familiar with the intricacies of shipping API’s for an existing product
- You are familiar with identity concepts such as Role based access; familiarity with standards like SCIM is a plus
- You have a Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or a related field"Preferred
- You are familiar with Okta and how the Okta technology works for Access and Identity Management
- You are familiar with the competitive landscape in the Identity space; especially around technology like Active Directory, Azure AD or other IGA offerings in the market such as Sailpoint
Meet the manager:
Vijay Pitchumani is the Director of Product Management for Identity Management products at Okta
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.