Okta Devices is a best-in-class set of functionalities built as a platform service of the Okta Identity Cloud. Our mission is to embed Okta on every device to give organizations visibility into devices accessing Okta, enable contextual access decisions, and deliver a consistent, passwordless login experience for users.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager with a strong technical background, good business sense and ability to partner closely with engineering, design, and product marketing teams to deliver on end-to-end product and platform experiences for Okta’s Mobile Client Platform that emphasize safety, security and trust.
Your primary responsibilities in these areas will include:
- Driving the roadmap for Mobile Client Platform: you will own the product strategy and roadmap for our mobile client platform, which currently covers Okta Verify clients across iOS and Android, and future investments in this area.
- Understanding key customer requirements, market trends and integration use cases for access management will be key. Our business is dependent on Okta integrating with customer’s existing security technologies and customer environments.
- Executing: You live and breathe delivery. You collaborate with architecture, engineering and UX to design and ship features that delight customers and put us ahead of the competition.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Roadmap and Vision
- Set product strategy and direction for the Mobile Client Platform area
- Define the execution roadmaps for Mobile Client Platform
- Evangelize your vision to the engineering team, sales team, and customers
Product Delivery and Execution
- Collaborate with architecture, engineering and design to spec experiences that are platform-first and aim to delight customers at scale
- Work with your scrum teams to deliver features on-time, on-target that unlock key use cases
- Prioritize rigorously across a number of product investment areas
- Not afraid to get into the weeds to define features and experiences
Customer Engagement and Requirements Gathering
- Engage with customers to deeply understand their challenges with MFA with respect to broad enterprise use cases
- Understand challenges to deployment and usability around strong authentication solutions
- Stay close to customers during beta programs and ensure that feedback is incorporated into the product
- Work with technical marketing and sales to deeply understand the competitor landscape
- Keep your finger on the pulse of market changes and understand where trends are heading
- Collaborate with product marketing to support creation of messaging and content, and define the go-to-market plan for existing and new offerings
- Inform pricing and packaging changes based on your subject matter expertise
- Collaborate on content creation to launch new features
Own the Product
- Customer success focused thinking: always working to unblock sales and help customers through issues
- Responsive to supporting the field on critical asks and customer needs
- Build a world-class authentication product
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of mobile app development and the iOS/Android ecosystem
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Strong leadership skills and presence
- Experience working cross functionally to deliver a product
- 7+ years of industry experience.
- Advanced degree or Master of Business Administration
- Knowledge of enterprise security products and services
- Knowledge in identity or access management
- Knowledge in strong authentication solutions
- Experience with developing client-side software applications
Meet the manager:
Grace Wardhana is Senior Director of Product Management for Devices and Zero Trust at Okta
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.