We’re looking for a passionate product leader to help Okta scale to support the needs of the world’s largest organization. Okta’s industry-leading access management platform allows organizations to protect their applications while providing a delightful experience to their users no matter what the use-case. The platform supports everything from a seamless registration flow to a high-assurance authentication flow. In this role, you will ensure the platform is able to scale to meet the demands of our customers' dynamic usage patterns. To succeed, you will need to have a strong understanding of the customer use-cases & usage patterns and then be able to translate them into new platform enhancements. You should expect to partner closely with our engineering, design, product marketing, and business development teams.
Our goal is to deliver an access management platform for customers of any size, ranging from mom and pop shops to the largest enterprise. Customers must have the confidence that their scenarios will be supported regardless if the usage is planned or unplanned. You will require a keen ability to understand customer requirements, strategically prioritize across the entire product what’s most important for the short and long-term.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Scale Okta product’s to support the needs and demands of the worlds largest organizations.
- Improving operational efficiencies for both Okta and our Okta customers so that our customers have more transparency and trust with our product.
- Cross functional team alignment
- Leader… need to have a leg to stand on
- Lead company strategy on how to scale our infrastructure to meet the demands of a dynamic and global customer base.
- Understand and prioritize the needs of the customer. Partner closely with Engineering, Design, and Marketing to test problem hypotheses and validate solutions with customers
- Think strategically about problems and create solutions that deliver immediate customer value while aligning with your long-term vision
- Write high-quality product requirements, partner with engineering on executing on major infrastructure projects, and be a leader of your feature teams
- Define measurable outcomes for your teams and regularly track and report on progress.
- Collaborate with product marketing and technical marketing to support the creation of messaging and content and enable the Okta sales team
- 5+ years of Product Management experience working on building Platforms and/or Developer Tools
- You put the needs of customers above all else and walk back from their problems all the way to creating detailed product requirements and bringing solutions to market
- You are willing to get hands-on with engineering teams to design solutions that require your design input on technical challenges
- You maintain a track record of creating roadmaps consisting of deliverables spanning multiple parts of an organization
- Ability to write code required for creating demos, samples, and public presentations
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience working with Enterprise SaaS customers
- Experience working on developer platforms
- Knowledge or experience working with Identity and Access Management products
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.