We are looking for a strong Senior Product manager with a passion for bringing consumer-grade usability to web and mobile powered enterprises. With Okta’s massive growth and international adoption, it’s more important than ever to take our end-user experience to the next level. We have a great opportunity to drive user growth and increase the value our customers get out of using the Okta service for their enterprise, or embedding it in their products.
A great end-user web and mobile optimized experience is one of the key aspects that differentiate Okta from traditional enterprise applications and services. The role will be responsible for partnering closely with Engineering, User Experience, Customer Success, Sales, Support, Training, and Marketing teams to drive enhancements to our end user experiences and customization capabilities within the product. This role will have product ownership for Okta’s end-user experiences and will own the initiative to increase end-user adoption of the product for our IT and API Products use cases.
Experience building market-leading enterprise or consumer web products or services is desired. Success in this role will require both a strong ability to understand customer requirements, define our overall short and long term strategy, strategically prioritize what’s most important, and work across your PM team and the broader Okta organization to ensure delivery
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define products that customers love
- Work with Engineering, the wider PM team and other internal groups to define and document user stories and use cases to guide product development for owned area
- Define and execute on the roadmap and prioritize features for end user experience
- Collaborate with product marketing and technical marketing to support creation of messaging and content and enable the Okta sales team
- Develop, research, and clearly communicate sound product strategies
- Understand core business problems and requirements from customers, prospects, sales and support to inform product decisions in owned area
- Closely track industry trends for the Okta SSO and customization experience and adapt strategy accordingly
- Help build, and engage a great team
- Help recruit top talent and evangelize Okta to customers, candidates and the broader community
- Embrace and advance Okta’s collaborative and innovative culture by partnering with engineering, the wider product team and the rest of the company
- Drive product innovation by rapid triage of ideas with facts and data
- Work with the rest of the Okta product leaders to prioritize and deliver the innovation required to advance the strategy and roadmap for user experience
- Partner with the data team to track product usage metrics and tie those metrics to business success
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience across the product management lifecycle
- Strong technical background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- 5+ years of industry experience. 3+ years of product management or related experience
- Track record of successful delivery of complex projects
- Experience with developing user flows, and enabling customizable experiences
- Experience creating and managing multi-tenant SaaS software products at a market-leading company
- Advanced degree in technical or business field
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.