Okta is the market-leading identity platform, and competition is fundamental to how we position the company. We continue to understand and analyze top competitors and create content that educates the field on why Okta is the leader.
What’s this role all about?
Understand the competition. Being a market leader is a luxury. We must stay vigilant in this growing market; analyzing the competition is a constant source of market intelligence and competitive strategy.
This role focuses on competitors in Workforce identity. It involves using and analyzing competing identity products and distilling research into differentiated use cases critical to customers that our field teams can highlight in opportunities.
What will you do?
- You will understand the technical details of the workforce competitors’ offerings. You will analyze competitive products, extract insights, and share them internally and externally via presentations and content. Further, you will draw from the deep expertise of the product to clearly articulate how Okta uniquely addresses customer use cases better than our competitors.
- You will enable salesforce audiences across Okta to sell, position, and differentiate. You will create e-books, technical guides, datasheets, presentation decks, and other resources to accelerate the field.
- You will contribute to critical product decision-making by partnering with Product Management. Customer insights will make you invaluable when choosing which direction the product should head.
- You will become the go-to expert on key competitors in the workforce identity-as-a-service area. You will research competitive solutions to understand the landscape profoundly and build presentations and assets to share Okta’s differentiation.
What do you need now?
- You must have some experience and knowledge of workforce Identity software solutions, including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Azure AD
- Ping Identity
- Google Identity Platform / Firebase
- You must understand how to position the strengths and weaknesses of Okta and its competitors against one another and produce content that presents Okta in the most effective way.
- You must be able to write and speak clearly about technically complex scenarios and use cases in a compelling way, without extensive use of jargon or acronyms.
- You must be able to build your own deliverables and collaborate across cross-functional teams on broad initiatives.
- You must have some experience creating technical documentation, e.g., deployment guides, configuration guides, technical sales and marketing collateral, blog posts.
- You must be a skilled researcher and a critical analyst. You will perform an in-depth analysis of competitive products and technologies to compare them to Okta, then train the field teams to understand and articulate Okta's differentiated mission, vision, and story.
What will you get out of this role?
- You’ll get to work with Okta’s awesome customers—bold companies who have partnered with Okta to solve some of their most critical growth, security, and agility challenges
- You’ll become familiar with the entire product development lifecycle at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world—from ideation to adoption
- You’ll be at ground-zero of one of the most significant technology trends of our time: organizations reducing IT friction by adopting the cloud
- You’ll work on a small team with a significant impact in a collaborative company with audacious goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science
- 4 years of product marketing, product management, pre-sales engineering, field engineering, or customer-facing support experience required
- In-depth knowledge of identity technologies and a complete understanding of how they are implemented in typical customer environments
- Ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and concisely with robust written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Familiarity with authentication and authorization protocols and products
- Experience with enterprise SaaS solutions
- Familiarity with the classic Information Technology (IT) "Stack", hardware like networking equipment and software like operating systems and business applications.
- MCP, MCSE, CISSP, CCSP will be a plus
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.