What’s this role all about?
As the Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager of SSO and Federation, you’ll be the resident expert on our core products. You’ll make sure that the Technical Enablement team has all of the content they need to keep the field teams up-to-date on what the product does and how it does it. And you’ll partner with Product Management and Product Marketing to constantly assess the product-problem fit, ensuring that what was built, shipped, and sold exceeds our customer's expectations.
What will you do?
- You will understand the technical details of how Okta’s SSO and Federations products work and how to configure them. The TMM will run beta programs and work closely with customers and technical sales to understand and assess the ability of the Okta product to meet the actual customer need.
- You will evangelize SSO internally and externally. The TMM will draw from deep expertise of the product to clearly articulate how a given feature uniquely addresses customer use cases.
- You will enable technical audiences across Okta to sell, deploy, support, train upon, or consult. The TMM will create Proof-of-Concept Guides, datasheets, presentation decks and other resources to accelerate the field.
- You will contribute to critical product decision-making. Customer insights will make the TMM invaluable when choosing in which direction the product should head.
- You will become the go-to expert on key competitors in the identity-as-a-service area. This TMM will research competitive solutions to understand the landscape deeply and build presentations and assets to share Okta’s differentiation.
What do you need now?
- You must have some experience and knowledge of enterprise software.
- You must have some experience with Technical Sales, Sales Enablement, Technical Support or Technical Marketing. Empathy for customers is critical, and empathy requires experience.
- You must be able to write and speak clearly about technically complex integrations and use cases in a compelling way, without extensive use of jargon or acronyms.
- You must be be technically competent and curious. This job will require a scripting, code development, and systems integration skillset and enthusiasm for learning new IT skills.
- You must be able to build your own deliverables and collaborate across cross-functional teams on broad initiatives.
- You must have some experience creating technical documentation, e.g., deployment guides, configuration guides, technical sales and marketing collateral, blog posts.
- You must be a skilled researcher and a critical analyst. You will perform in-depth analysis of competitive products and technologies to compare them to Okta, then train the field teams to understand and articulate Okta's differentiated mission, vision and story
What will you get out of this role?
- You’ll get to work with our awesome customers—bold companies who have partnered with Okta to solve some of their most critical challenges—and our world-class technical sales teams.
- You’ll become familiar with the entire product development lifecycle at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world—from ideation to adoption.
- You’ll be at ground-zero of one of the most significant technology trends of our time: organizations reducing IT friction by adopting the cloud.
- You’ll work on a small team with a big impact, in a collaborative company with audacious goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science discipline
- 4+ years of technical or product marketing, technical sales enablement, pre-sales engineering, field engineering, or customer-facing support experience required
- Some experience with scripting languages, web development, and/or systems integration coding.
- Ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and concisely with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Familiarity with authentication and authorization protocols and products
- Experience with enterprise software solutions
- Experience with AD
- Familiarity with the classic Information Technology (IT) "Stack", both hardware like networking equipment, and software like operating systems and business applications.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.