Okta’s Customer Identity Products (CIAM) power modern, secure, and frictionless experiences that can be built and brought to market quickly. Our approach is rooted in an identity leadership that enterprises trust and agility that developers love. It is why world-class organizations like HPE, MLB, Jetblue, and Dignity Health have embedded Okta into their web and mobile applications to transform their customer experiences.
Nailing CIAM is increasingly imperative for organizations as more and more customer interactions move to digital channels. Unfortunately, threats to consumers’ security and privacy have also never been higher. We need experienced technical marketers who can drive our understanding of this shifting landscape and how Okta can protect the consumer, while improving the customer experience (help us kill passwords!).
This technical product marketing role is highly strategic and cross-functional, focusing on bringing Okta’s CIAM product to market. The Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager will create technical narratives and content to enable our customers and field teams to understand, design and implement critical CIAM projects ranging from building highly scalable apps to unifying customer identities across applications and channels.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a technical subject matter expert for Okta Customer Identity. This includes understanding how our authentication, authorization and user management products are built and exposed via our pre-built UIs, SDKs and APIs.
- Understand the Voice of the Developer, including developer needs, expectations and product understanding when it comes to the identity landscape for application development.
- Work with product management and our CIAM specialists to validate use cases and create reference architectures.
- Create high quality technical content such as demos, case studies, white papers, blog posts, and other assets.
- Develop enablement and training materials for our sales engineering, customer success, and professional services teams.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the CIAM technology landscape.
- Work alongside other members of the product marketing team to understand the identity challenges of the world’s largest organizations, and how Okta Customer Identity helps solve those problems.
- Provide “in deal” support to the sales and sales engineering teams to help solve customer problems with the broader Okta solutions set.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years of technical / product marketing, product management, or sales engineering experience for an enterprise IaaS or SaaS company or developer platform.
- Proven track record of marketing to a highly technical audience within large organizations. You must be comfortable working with and marketing to technical buyers and stakeholders within enterprises.
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical marketing content, sales enablement training and tools. (Feel free to share samples of your work ahead of time!)
- Capable of building demos that require software development knowledge, such as the use of APIs and webhooks, and familiarity with tools such as Postman, Github, etc.
- Project management skills, can manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field. MBA a plus.
Okta is an equal opportunity employer