Okta’s rapid growth and product innovation have contributed to our leadership position in the market for identity and access management. Today we sell our broad portfolio of solutions to the largest companies in the world, and to optimize for this market we need experienced technical marketers who can go beyond point products to identify overall customer problems and how Okta solves those problems across our product lines.
This Senior Technical Marketing Manager role is highly strategic and cross-functional, you will play a critical role in the Okta journey - helping inform, inspire, empower, and delight technical audiences – for either Workforce or Platform, we help customers adopt Okta into their organization.You will do that by creating technical narratives and content to enable our customers and field teams to understand, design, and implement critical projects and business requirements using Okta’s Workforce products and Platform services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a technical subject matter expert for Okta Workforce products and Platform Services. This includes understanding how our authentication, authorization, user management products are built and consumed by our customers and how the platform services are delivered to provide customers customization and extensibility.
- Work with product management to validate use cases and create reference architectures.
- Create high quality technical content such as demos, white papers, blog posts, and other assets.
- Develop enablement and training materials for our sales engineering, customer success, and professional services teams.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the identity and access management technology landscape.
- Work alongside other members of the product marketing team to understand the identity challenges of the world’s largest organizations, and how Okta Workforce and Platform Services helps solve those problems.
- Provide “in deal” support to the sales and sales engineering teams to help solve customer problems with the broader Okta solutions set.
- Provide SME support for analyst briefs, ISV integrations, product betas, and launches.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years of technical / product marketing, product management, or sales engineering experience for an enterprise IaaS or SaaS company or developer platform.
- Proven track record of marketing to a highly technical audience within large organizations. You must be comfortable working with and marketing to technical buyers within enterprises.
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical marketing content, sales enablement training and tools. (Feel free to share samples of your work ahead of time!)
- Expert understanding of identity standards such as OIDC, SAML, and SCIM.
- Capable of building demos that require software development knowledge, such as the use of APIs and Webhooks, and familiarity with tools such as Postman, Github, etc.
- Experienced in common directory services, such as Active Directory, Azure AD, LDAP
- Project management skills, can manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field. MBA a plus.
- Proven knowledge on the Identity and Access Management (IAM) discipline is a plus.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.