Do you enjoy being hands on with cutting-edge technology, crafting stories, and influencing product strategy? Are you interested in working on cloud products that power sign-in experiences for hundreds of millions of people today? Okta’s Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) products enable intuitive and trustworthy experiences for customer- and partner-facing apps for thousands of companies including HPE, MLB, JetBlue, and Dignity Health.
Getting CIAM right is critical for organizations as customer and partner interactions increasingly move to digital channels. Unfortunately, threats to user security and privacy have also never been higher. Our small but mighty team is looking for an experienced technical product marketer who can drive our understanding of the shifting landscape and showcase how Okta can protect users while also improving their experience (help us kill passwords!). This is a fast growing market with a huge opportunity in front of us.
As a Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager (TPMM), you will play a critical role in our journey: help Okta inform, inspire, empower, and delight internal and external technical audiences – developers, tech leaders, PMs, architects, and builders – as they choose and adopt our CIAM products for their apps and APIs. You will do that by creating technical narratives and content to enable our customers and field teams to understand, design, and implement critical CIAM projects ranging from building highly scalable apps to unifying customer identities across applications and channels.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a technical subject matter expert for Okta’s CIAM products. This includes understanding how our authentication, authorization and user management products are built and exposed via our pre-built UIs, SDKs, and APIs.
- Launch new product capabilities together with product management and product marketing teams with differentiated customer- and field-facing content.
- Create high-quality technical content such as demos, case studies, white papers, blog posts, and other assets.
- Understand the customer identity challenges of the world’s largest organizations and figure out how Okta helps solve those problems.
- Provide SME support for analyst briefs, events, and customer engagements.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years of technical / product marketing, product management, or sales engineering experience for an enterprise IaaS or SaaS company or developer platform.
- Proven track record of marketing or selling to a highly technical audience within large organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical marketing content, sales enablement training, and tools.
- Capable of building demos that require software development knowledge, such as the use of APIs and webhooks, and familiarity with tools such as Postman, Github, etc (feel free to share your GitHub profile and samples!)
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum salary of $154,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits)Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.