Okta has consistently expanded our product portfolio beyond SSO to include lifecycle management, multi-factor authentication, device management, and a flexible platform for mobile and web application developers to help our customers manage users both internal and external to their organization. Now, with over 3,000 enterprise customers and 6 million users in 185 countries accessing our cloud service from tens of millions of devices, Okta is really starting to scale.
Companies all over the world and across every industry struggle with a fundamental question. Who should have access to what? As companies adopt new technology at breakneck pace, as their workforces become increasingly dynamic, and as collaboration extends outside office walls, this challenge multiples. IT teams need help managing users and their access at scale. When they fail, users can’t access what they need to do their work and security is compromised.
Okta has a vision for how to help small and large companies alike manage users and their access through modern experiences driven by self-service, automation and intelligence. Okta is looking for a Product Leader to bring this vision to life. You’ll work closely with our customers, prototype and iterate, and then launch a new product and business for Okta. And you won’t do this alone. You’ll lead a group of PMs, and engineering, design and go to market counterparts to customer and commercial success. If you’re looking for a high impact opportunity, within a high growth Enterprise software space, this job is for you.
- Deeply understand Okta’s customers and use cases, as well as industry trends around digital identity
- Own the product vision and strategy and connect it back to company objectives
- Develop actionable goals that balance near and long term success
- Collaborate closely with Architects, Engineers and Designers to define great experiences and scalable solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to ensure the commercial success of your products
- Ensure flawless execution through management of yearly and quarterly objectives
- Communicate and evangelize your team’s goals and progress to build mindshare and alignment
- Lead and manage a team of product managers and help them grow their careers
- Shape the overall Product organization as part of the Product leadership team
- Thirst for learning, able to go broad and deep across business and technical contexts
- Track record of owning and delivering on large strategic projects - you can see the big picture, but deliver on the details
- Strong technical background that allows you to influence technical design and investment decisions
- You can produce solid action plans from often incomplete, conflicting or ambiguous inputs
- Strong track record of leading teams and operating effectively as player-coach
- Excellent communication skills across technical and business audiences
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence
- Passion for Okta’s huge opportunity and growth potential
- 10+ years product management experience
- 5+ years of people management experience
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Experience with Identity concepts from consumer or large scale b2b SaaS
- B2B or Enterprise SaaS experience
- Advanced degree in technical or business field
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.